Missouri getting worked

moytoy12

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Cheesy, I really wasn't trying to bash missouri (probably should have used a term other than "worked"). I was trying to look at the game through a pro-SLU lens.

Why is Mizzou not considered to be on the bubble? Mizzou is down by 14 points against lowly Nebraska, a team our Billikens handled quite easily. Mizzou's RPI coming into this debacle was 39, only 3 ahead of Rhode Island.

And Mizzou plays an ugly brand of basketball IMO.

Clank.

Hey, we should have no reason to hesitate from bashing Mizzou when it is warranted.

When are they going to put up Bernie's neutral tent in Warrenton, MO for the resumption of the Mizzou-SLU series?

Why is Mizzou not considered to be on the bubble? Mizzou is down by 14 points against lowly Nebraska, a team our Billikens handled quite easily. Mizzou's RPI coming into this debacle was 39, only 3 ahead of Rhode Island.

Clank.

We also handled nebraska twice before this, you know.

Clank.

I hate Mizzou, but they're easily a tourney team. They've got a number of good wins, tough losses, with really only one bad loss (Oral Roberts). Personally, and it pains me to say it, I think their RPI doesn't do them justice.

That being said, go Cornhuskers!!!

We also handled nebraska twice before this, you know.

My only real issue with Mizzou is its continued ducking of SLU. I usually bury the hatchet during the NCAA Tournament and root for Old Mizzou.

However, I don't see Mizzou as being that good this year, and I think they've been given a lot of deference and benefit of the doubt.

Is Mizzou really bettter than Rhode Island?

Is this Mizzou team currently better than SLU?

Yes.

Probably, but unclear.

Is Mizzou better than Washington? Absolutely not. I don't even think that would be a close game on a neutral floor at this point in the season.

Is Mizzou better than Arizona State? Probably yes on paper, but the games are not played on paper.

Is Mizzou better than Florida? Toss-up.

Conclusion: Mizzou should be on the bubble with the rest of them. For some reason, Mizzou is getting a lot of deference IMO.

Some of this is regional bias. Folks on this board are not high on Washington, and really have no respect for Arizona State at all, even after 22 wins and 12-6 in the Pac-10. I can understand that. But it goes both ways.

Is Mizzou better than Washington? Absolutely not. I don't even think that would be a close game on a neutral floor at this point in the season.

Is Mizzou better than Arizona State? Probably yes on paper, but the games are not played on paper.

Conclusion: Mizzou should be on the bubble with the rest of them. For some reason, Mizzou is getting a lot of deference IMO.

Some of this is regional bias. Folks on this board are not high on Washington, and really have no respect for Arizona State at all, even after 22 wins and 12-6 in the Pac-10. I can understand that. But it goes both ways.

They're better than all those teams. On what basis are you saying they're not? They've got one bad loss all year.

Sorry BAB, Washington has two wins vs. the top 50. ASU has zero. Mizzou has 4.

( I can't believe I'm defending Mizzou)

But now you can say they've got 2 (3 if you count OU)

What a pathetic effort from the Tigers, that is an embarrassment no matter who you are a fan of. Ever since they lost Safford they have played uninspired and bad basketball. They are lucky Zaire Taylor hit that shot at the buzzer to beat Iowa State or they may have not been so lucky come Selection Sunday, I am assuming they still make it in?

Sorry BAB, Washington has two wins vs. the top 50. ASU has zero. Mizzou has 4.

( Ican't believe I'm defending Mizzou)

Washington has better players, and they are finally coming together. Washington also has a better coach IMO.

Game over- Nebraska 75 Mizzou 60.

That should go in the books somewhere as a very bad neutral court loss. But evidently, this game is irrelevant, and this game will be wiped away.

Why did the NCAA get rid of the record in the last 10 games?

Hey, why should we not lobby to put Mizzou onto that bubble? Let them sweat it out like many others.