Dayton vs Spiders on charter 413

Let's also hope the game goes triple overtime, so it will tire out Dayton.

now Ricmond was shooting 42 % at half but Dayton makes a three as both teams lose ball

Butler blows a nother pass right to him and Richmond loses ball again

34 to 28 as Gonsalvez make a 3

come one richmond....does anyone have a video link?

was a 1 point ball game then

Butler fouls and then Kevin Anderson hits his 20 th points with 2 free throws for 2 point game

now Spiders ahead by 4

Richmond shooting 32 percent from field not in sink according to announcers

now to 23 to 15 Dayton ahead

game tied 53 to 53

Spiders with two point lead and ball 55-53 as Gonsalves hit a turn around 8 footer w 2 mins in game and then a layup by G now 57 53 one min to go

Dayton lay up to pull within 2 as their player pushes off defender twice.

60 to 56

Richmond wins Pete Gillen said a million times Dayton had 20 more rebounds but Richmond made their free throws and rebounded, finally in the last 3 minutes

I watched the entire game on CBS College Sports. Dave Ryan with Pete Gillen. Let me say this --- Gillen is a f***ing idiot. He doesn't have any good commentators skills whatsoever. "I'd tell Chris Wright to put his head down and drive to the basket." Really Pete? Brilliant. That and the fact that he has a big, ginormous head and knows it. And talks about it. It was painful.

Then the game was even worse. I don't know who the guys were in the white uniforms but they weren't the same guys that played Xavier on ESPN2 in Cincinnati last Sunday. At one point, Dayton had them on the boards 40 to 17. Josh Benson's line score will read 1 for 3 with two offensive rebounds and two points. Because he missed the first shot, rebounded his own miss, then did it again and finally scored. Huelsman, he of the Heulsman Triple Double (2 points, 2 fouls and 2 rebounds) did the same thing about twice. Richmond certainly has to lead the league in steals because if they don't they won't get the ball back except after the opponent scores. Still, to play that bad and win the game ... AYE CARUMBA DUDE!!!! But I'll take it.

Dayton lost because once again their skills game is lacking and Brian Gregory is still looking for a play to run at the end of a game. Rob Lowery again chunked it up but Gregory can't go with London "Dwayne Polk" Warren who makes only as many free throws as he misses. Richmond's french dude from Canada, Cedric-Martell, had like two steals and probably their only two offensive rebounds but all in the last two minutes of play before fouling out. Those were killer strikes and Dayton folded like a house of cards. I sure hope it was the emotion of Senior Night because they have to play better than that on Saturday to beat Charlotte in Charlotte.

Dayton is out of the four-five hunt. Charlotte, Rhode and Dayton could all finish at 9 and 7 and that would give Dayton the five with Rhode the six. I'd prefer to not have to see Dayton twice back-to-back to end the season.

Rhode Island is in the mix to finish 10 and 6. We lose to Dayton, Charlotte and Rhodey win, and all of us are 10 and 6. I think we are all 1 - 1 in those head-to-heads so Charlotte gets the four for beating Temple. We should get the five in that ending.

Charlotte hosts Richmond at 2 EST Saturday. Umass hosts Rhodey at 4 EST. We play Dayton at 7. A lot will be certain as we tap off in that one ==== we willknow exactly what we need to get whatever. And no matter what, a win IS the four.

Go Richmond. Go Umass. Go Bills.

Way to stay on top of your a10 ball, Taj. No surprises here really....Dayton enters the season highly touted, runs off an impressive noncon record (albeit finally against some good teams) and then folds when conference play comes around. Yawn. I've seen this movie too many times and I hate Dayton. If I was a Flyer fan I'd have gone nuts already. Gregory is horrible. The fact that Warren and Huelsman play legitimate roles on that team tells you why everyone n the tourney has a chance against them.

Way to stay on top of your a10 ball, Taj. No surprises here really....Dayton enters the season highly touted, runs off an impressive noncon record (albeit finally against some good teams) and then folds when conference play comes around. Yawn. I've seen this movie too many times and I hate Dayton. If I was a Flyer fan I'd have gone nuts already. Gregory is horrible. The fact that Warren and Huelsman play legitimate roles on that team tells you why everyone n the tourney has a chance against them.

Who's the poster on here who used to always say, "Coulda had Gregory"? Is he still around?

Gregory will likely get a whole lot smarter next year when he gets supposedly a true point guard in. He has a Top 50 point guard comi ng in from Oak Hill. Local kid Juwaan something or other. Plus he has a transfer sitting out the year from Drake, I believe. The point comes with a 6'10" buddy. Warren and Lowery and Perry are all one way or the other ill-equipped to run the point. Next year, I suspectthe play will involve a cleaer out for the point and Gregory will get a whole lot smarter --- with some growing pains.

Last year, Dayton was like 11 and 1 in games decided by fewer than five points. This year, not so good. I think its 3 up and seven or eight down. A difference of five points in one game isn't much. But on a scoreboard, that could be five losses. That's what Dayton has seen this year. The only guy I'd cover on Dayton'ds perimeter is Chris Johnson. I'd dare the rest to beat me shooting jumpers.

Rhode Island is in the mix to finish 10 and 6. We lose to Dayton, Charlotte and Rhodey win, and all of us are 10 and 6. I think we are all 1 - 1 in those head-to-heads so Charlotte gets the four for beating Temple. We should get the five in that ending.

Charlotte hosts Richmond at 2 EST Saturday. Umass hosts Rhodey at 4 EST. We play Dayton at 7. A lot will be certain as we tap off in that one ==== we willknow exactly what we need to get whatever. And no matter what, a win IS the four.

Go Richmond. Go Umass. Go Bills.

I'm going to check the paper in the morning if we play in Dayton that is a different time zone. Is that 7 start Eastern time?