BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If we have a loss like this next year, I will be legitimately frustrated and disappointed. This year, I'm proud that we led Temple for most of the first half and hung tough with them to the very end. Temple's largest lead, I believe, was in the last 2 minutes of the game. That's something this team can be very proud of; we gave a #16 team a big run for their money. I know Fran was very impressed with what he saw.

I know almost doesn't get you anywhere, but we are yet to be humiliated by the best teams in our league (minus that Richmond conflab)... you can see that we are almost there.

There is truth in what you say, but this would have been a lot easier to take if we had beaten Xavier, just like the Xavier loss would have been easier to take if we had won tonight. Looking at the Charlotte OT loss, another OT conference loss that is slipping my mind, and these last two, it's tough thinking what winning two of those could've meant for the team. Especially heading into a rough game saturday.

Please work harder on this, so we don't have a lot of very unpleasant-to-read posts like we do tonight. Also, don't be silent when the team is winning and playing well.

Don't tell me you are buying this thicks?

There is truth in what you say, but this would have been a lot easier to take if we had beaten Xavier, just like the Xavier loss would have been easier to take if we had won tonight. Looking at the Charlotte OT loss, another OT conference loss that is slipping my mind, and these last two, it's tough thinking what winning two of those could've meant for the team. Especially heading into a rough game saturday.

Absolutely true on both counts. And both losses are easier to bare if we beat Charlotte and GW. If we beat Xavier on top of that, we are #1 in the A10. Incredible. It's wroth noting, that SLU still has a good chance at the bye; if Charlotte loses to Richmond (regardless of what SLU does), SLU will lock the fourth seed in the tournament. Of course, there are a bunch of screwy situations, which I'm sure TT will blog about tomorrow, but there's still a good chance of a great seeding in the A10 tourney.

Absolutely true on both counts. And both losses are easier to bare if we beat Charlotte and GW. If we beat Xavier on top of that, we are #1 in the A10. Incredible. It's wroth noting, that SLU still has a good chance at the bye; if Charlotte loses to Richmond (regardless of what SLU does), SLU will lock the fourth seed in the tournament. Of course, there are a bunch of screwy situations, which I'm sure TT will blog about tomorrow, but there's still a good chance of a great seeding in the A10 tourney.

I haven't looked at the standings recently, but what about Dayton? If they beat us Saturday and we end up with the same record, are we tied for 4th? Then it (I'm guessing) goes to whoever beat the #1 seed....we both lost to Temple, but X lost to Dayton once and we beat Richmond once, which Dayton did not.

I haven't looked at the standings recently, but what about Dayton? If they beat us Saturday and we end up with the same record, are we tied for 4th? Then it (I'm guessing) goes to whoever beat the #1 seed....we both lost to Temple, but X lost to Dayton once and we beat Richmond once, which Dayton did not.

Hopefully Dayton just loses tomorrow to Richmond...Then its no problem

Yeah, it gets dicey if you throw Dayton into the mix. :lol:

The only legitimate criticism of this team any of us can make is if they display a lack of hustle, heart, or just plain quit. They haven't done that all year to the best of my knowledge. They've hung with the best of them. There is no column for moral victories last time I checked... a loss is a loss is a loss. And coming up with excuses for losses always sound thin. There's no excuse for last night or the X game. Those teams are simply better and more experienced than us. There's no shame in making that statement. But we are showing the bb world we're coming. We're getting better. We're getting the experience. And we're not that far away. Now if only we could make some FT's.

It's pathetic that you boo your team (allegedly) when they're 19-10 and no one playing is beyond a sophomore. To be disappointed — even heartbroken — is one thing, but to throw the team under the bus in unacceptable. Be glad this forum doesn't have mob rule, because you would be silenced for a while.

Yeah Thicks, too bad we can't be more like Tiger Board. It seems fitting the "mob rule" is the enforcement mechanism for that largely ignorant mob.

Gary is Gary. What do you expect at this point. If we make it to the final four someday he'll be pissing and moaning about not making it to the championship game.

Young in age not on the floor we are late in the season we shouldn't be seeing the same things happen night after night. If this continues next year what will the excuse be?

I believe that Temple is the #6 best defensive team in the nation at the moment. I think their defense is the reason we didn't shoot well from outside the arc, we really had a tough time getting an open look all night. Let's give the opposition some credit for the final outcome.

I believe that Temple is the #6 best defensive team in the nation at the moment. I think their defense is the reason we didn't shoot well from outside the arc, we really had a tough time getting an open look all night. Let's give the opposition some credit for the final outcome.

++

It's just unfortunate that we didn't knock down our shots when we did get open looks.