RM on 590

Nothing too exciting. A few things of note...

- said he would discuss with Darrin Young about transferring to a D3 school cause he can handle the academics of a WASH U and could contribute alot to their team.

-Femi was showing the rest of the team film while Rick was gone. Awesome to see. Looks like were gonna have alot of players experienced at being leaders for the next few years.

I dont really remember much else. Pushed coming to the game tomm. but i dont think anyone who reads this board needs to be pushed to go to games.

forgot about these...

-said he doesnt see any NBA players on the team yet. (I thinkNBADeaft.net would disagree...willie is projected 13th in 2011) But did say 2 years is a long time to get ready for the association.

-Willie needs to eat better and get in the weight room more. Hes become tougher but needs to raise that toughness even more.

- said he would discuss with Darrin Young about transferring to a D3 school cause he can handle the academics of a WASH U and could contribute alot to their team.

-Femi was showing the rest of the team film while Rick was gone. Awesome to see. Looks like were gonna have alot of players experienced at being leaders for the next few years.

I dont really remember much else. Pushed coming to the game tomm. but i dont think anyone who reads this board needs to be pushed to go to games.

Probably the two more interesting points.

Talked about Kwamain's 2nd half up-tick..."student of the game", makes the necessary adjustments. Cody missed a pick-and-roll defense adjustment that Kwamain didn't. Usually a good pressure shooter.

Talked about Cody "getting off the boat" on January 9th, so won't have been here 2 calendar months when the season ends after Dayton game. Also spent 9 days in Philly so its been an interesting ride for him.

Willie's body handicaps him. Needs to eat better, no chicken wings or Mickey D's. But most proud of Willie in the classroom, hasn't missed a tutoring session all year.

Said he doesn't see a pro player on the team but 2 years is a long time.

Talked about Kwamain's 2nd half up-tick..."student of the game", makes the necessary adjustments. Cody missed a pick-and-roll defense adjustment that Kwamain didn't. Usually a good pressure shooter.

Talked about Cody "getting off the boat" on January 9th, so won't have been here 2 calendar months when the season ends after Dayton game. Also spent 9 days in Philly so its been an interesting ride for him.

Willie's body handicaps him. Needs to eat better, no chicken wings or Mickey D's. But most proud of Willie in the classroom, hasn't missed a tutoring session all year.

AND ONLY 1 ANDRE REFERENCE!!! YAYYY!!!!!

Did he say the two years is a long time part? If so, he must be changing his tune.

IIRC, he ridiculed some coaches who said Willie would be an NBA player.

Did he say the two years is a long time part? If so, he must be changing his tune.

IIRC, he ridiculed some coaches who said Willie would be an NBA player.

Yeah, he said "I don't see it, but two years is a long time" or something to that effect.

I guess Kwamain could grow 4 inches and develop a more consistent outside shot. Willie could gain an inch or two and 40 pounds. Cody could become a manchild. Who knows?

Posty doesn't attend games, although it would seem like he does for the amount of BS he posts on this board.

Majerus said this is one of the best practice teams he has ever had. He really seems excited about this group and reading between the lines, I think they have exceeded his expectations. Coach said this team is very good at making the extra pass. RM seems to really like the questions Frank asks. He said the fans have been entertained by a great effort every home game. He concluded by doing a promo for the game which was pretty funny - We have the best band, cheerleaders, playing a great team etc.

Posty doesn't attend games, although it would seem like he does for the amount of BS he posts on this board.

Nice signature. I've seen your profile picture, you don't bulk anything. And besides, keep this to PM's, people don't want to hear your girlish complaints.

Backhandtherican = Metz

05-

is Darrin Young a scholarship player? I guess I just assumed he was a walk-on.

Darrin Young is a walk-on. That does not necessarily preclude Roy from getting worked up about Majerus potentially insinuating that he may or may not spend 4 years on our team.

Hes a walk-on. Hes the one who led to the debate over the name on the jersey situation after the fordham game if you remember....

Ah thats right. Well if he is a walk-on, isn't it known to that player that he is fighting for his spot every year against other walk-ons? I thought a walk-on was a year to year thing.

Ah thats right. Well if he is a walk-on, isn't it known to that player that he is fighting for his spot every year against other walk-ons? I thought a walk-on was a year to year thing.

It would certainly be easier for him (DY) to make it next year since he is familiar with the team, coaches, scheme, etc.

It would certainly be easier for him (DY) to make it next year since he is familiar with the team, coaches, scheme, etc.

This is an older interview with coach Rick. He seems genuinely happy in this one (the other parts should be on the side in the related videos.

Backhand -

RickMa specifically said that Willie needs to pay more attention to the quality of the calories he intakes in his effort to bulk up. Something to the effect of he needs to be fueling his body which is a high performance sports car with something better than $2.00 a gallon unleaded gas (crappy food). What gives? Thought you were on top of this?!