Recruiting

I think something was wrong with Reed, too, more than they are saying.

Knee wrap yes, but saw him limp-stumble-wince a lot in the last few games, though he gutted it out.

RI game his hands seemed weak, too, though, ball went thru a lot.

BC got stripped, too, and CE got stuffed with the ball at his chest when he took it to the hoop.

A lot of potential, they all need to go to the Bob Huggins weight & strength program or something, to all get A LOT stronger. :lol:

SLU = 7 1/2 favorite over Ind State, we should blow them out if we are "up" for the game. Hope we are not pouting.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Knee wrap yes, but saw him limp-stumble-wince a lot in the last few games, though he gutted it out.

BC got stripped, too, and CE got stuffed with the ball at his chest when he took it to the hoop.

A lot of potential, they all need to go to the Bob Huggins weight & strength program or something, to all get A LOT stronger. :lol:

SLU = 7 1/2 favorite over Ind State, we should blow them out if we are "up" for the game. Hope we are not pouting.

Im sure hes banged up, but I bet he will be fine by next year.

You should be pretty excited to see a tourney game against a future MVC rival!

Since we're talking MVC and Indiana St. is so close, this game should probably sell out.

You should be pretty excited to see a tourney game against a future MVC rival!

Since we're talking MVC and Indiana St. is so close, this game should probably sell out.

you are correct moy. mvc means easiest travel and all the mvc fans travel to all their away games. the entire upper deck should be sky blue tomorrow night.

When you have a guy on the all-freshman team and an honorable mention all-conference, unless you have some absolute studs (john wall/demarcus cousins) coming in, I think it is safe to pencil them in as starters. Show me the last time we had two players the level of WR or KC or CE that did not start.

I agree with your assessment, however we have never had a coach recruit like RM either.

you are correct moy. mvc means easiest travel and all the mvc fans travel to all their away games. the entire upper deck should be sky blue tomorrow night.

Did our whole team get back from Atlantic City yet in time for the game tomorrow? :lol:

Did our whole team get back from Atlantic City yet in time for the game tomorrow? :lol:

i think the pickup truck with a camper they are all riding in is in terre haute on i-70 right now and they are going to just get on the sycamores bus for the rest of the way home.

When you have a guy on the all-freshman team and an honorable mention all-conference, unless you have some absolute studs (john wall/demarcus cousins) coming in, I think it is safe to pencil them in as starters. Show me the last time we had two players the level of WR or KC or CE that did not start.

Or Cody Ellis.... Remember, you were wrong on that one too. Are you comparing the level of recruits here under RM to that of Ekker to Soderberg?? If so, then pencil in WR. Under RM, go ahead and pencil WR in as well - that's what the eraser on top is for.

And BTW, sure sounds like Loe is an absolute stud. Someday, you will admit that CE fits in this same category or is he "just another freshman." Will he come here, I don't know. If he does, he isn't going to be sitting the bench, he will already be taller and heavier than WR, I wouldn't be surprised if he would be stronger than WR and I'll even go out on a limb - starting on day one, Loe will be a better FT shooter than WR. Again, sorry to rain on your man crush of WR.

Or Cody Ellis.... Remember, you were wrong on that one too. Are you comparing the level of recruits here under RM to that of Ekker to Soderberg?? If so, then pencil in WR. Under RM, go ahead and pencil WR in as well - that's what the eraser on top is for.

And BTW, sure sounds like Loe is an absolute stud. Someday, you will admit that CE fits in this same category or is he "just another freshman." Will he come here, I don't know. If he does, he isn't going to be sitting the bench, he will already be taller and heavier than WR, I wouldn't be surprised if he would be stronger than WR and I'll even go out on a limb - starting on day one, Loe will be a better FT shooter than WR. Again, sorry to rain on your man crush of WR.

Pretty harsh here. I think NH said he was wrong about CE.

WR isn't going to be on the bench to start next season.

I was wrong about CE in some ways and absolutely right on others.

MB73. Why not start a new thread with the topic: Who is the best 1 bid conference?? Not sure the Valley will even be on the top of that list. :lol:

As to the respect afforded the Valley this year, N. Iowa gets a #9 seed for the their 1 and only team in the Tourney. N. Iowa won both the regular season and the Tourney and, b/c they are in the Midwest, can be said that they might be the worst #9 seed - hence their second round match-up (assuming they can pull an upset over UNLV) with Kansas - the top team. Not sure if they carry the seed rankings down that far to the #9 seeds, but if KS is the top team then the other seeds in their bracket could be consider the bottom seeds - to reward Kansas. I could be wrong since they also involve geography in the mix, but this tells me that the Committee believes there are 32 to 35 better teams than the regular season and conference champs of Doug Elgin's Valley!! Didn't you predict two (2) teams to the A10's three (3) teams and call that roughly the same? Sorry, but 3 to 1 is NOT the same.

BTW, my memory is starting to fade with respect to the past. When was the Valley's glory years?? :lol:

MB73. Why not start a new thread with the topic: Who is the best 1 bid conference?? Not sure the Valley will even be on the top of that list. :lol:

As to the respect afforded the Valley this year, N. Iowa gets a #9 seed for the their 1 and only team in the Tourney. N. Iowa won both the regular season and the Tourney and, b/c they are in the Midwest, can be said that they might be the worst #9 seed - hence their second round match-up (assuming they can pull an upset over UNLV) with Kansas - the top team. Not sure if they carry the seed rankings down that far to the #9 seeds, but if KS is the top team then the other seeds in their bracket could be consider the bottom seeds - to reward Kansas. I could be wrong since they also involve geography in the mix, but this tells me that the Committee believes there are 32 to 35 better teams than the regular season and conference champs of Doug Elgin's Valley!! Didn't you predict two (2) teams to the A10's three (3) teams and call that roughly the same? Sorry, but 3 to 1 is NOT the same.

BTW, my memory is starting to fade with respect to the past. When was the Valley's glory years?? :lol:

I said A-10 would get 3 teams in NCAA in mid Feb when a lot of wack jobs on this board were saying 5, maybe 6.

I said MVC would get 2.

So shoot me.

A-10 is better than MVC this yr. Whoop-de-do.

Still stupid for us to be in A-10 for numerous other reasons.

Leave it alone, we are stuck.

Maybe there will be a miracle conference shakeup and we can get in a good situation and not have to go to the eastern front.

OR maybe Biondi will belly up to the bar and get charter flights again.

Wont help baseball, soccer, etc, though.

By the way, if we were in MVC, might we have sneaked in the NCAA this yr? Or at least the NIT?

Did you ever think of that?

And the kids would have been in school a lot.

Thats it, no more MVC crap from me, I have not brought it up, it is getting old, but when some of you A-10-aholics brought it up again and again and again, then here I go. A-10 has good year. I suppose you think it is better than Pac-10 now, too.

Again, I do not think MVC is "so hot"... I just think it is where we should have gone 7 yrs ago, not the friggin A-10.

I am just playing "D" here. :lol: