Mike McCall - Foreman v Marshall - CPL Semi-Final

slu06

So, I couldn't listen to the SLU v URI game on the internet Wednesday night. No big deal because I'm dvr-ing Foreman v Marshall and at least I can scout out Mike McCall, right? Too bad the first game went into overtime and I only had the first quarter to watch.

In my one quarter of viewing I was surprised by:

1. The head coach of Foreman is easily just as big as RM

2. McCall played the 2 (I thought I read on here that he was supposed to be a PG...?)

3. He looked very comfortable shooting from the outside / can really drive to the hoop.

He is easily taller, stronger, and (appeared) more confident than JJ (who I like).

I don't know if these links will show up but first one has some photos, second a nice game recap:

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/highs...31.photogallery

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/highs...0,4246275.story

So, I couldn't listen to the SLU v URI game on the internet Wednesday night. No big deal because I'm dvr-ing Foreman v Marshall and at least I can scout out Mike McCall, right? Too bad the first game went into overtime and I only had the first quarter to watch.

In my one quarter of viewing I was surprised by:

1. The head coach of Foreman is easily just as big as RM

2. McCall played the 2 (I thought I read on here that he was supposed to be a PG...?)

3. He looked very comfortable shooting from the outside / can really drive to the hoop.

He is easily taller, stronger, and (appeared) more confident than JJ (who I like).

I don't know if these links will show up but first one has some photos, second a nice game recap:

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/highs...31.photogallery

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/highs...0,4246275.story

Thanks for the info - does that mean McCall's senior year is over?

Yeah, I was wondering, Does this end Foreman's state championship chances? I don't know if the Illinois system is similar to Missouri's.

Foreman is in Class 4A in the IHSA tournament. The resume play on Tuesday, March 2nd. Foreman has the 2nd seed in Maywood (Proviso East) Sectional. Chicago (Whitney Young) is the #1 seed.

Dwayne Evans and Neuqua Valley (also 4A) are hosting their own sectional and are the the #2 seed behind Glenbard East. They start play on Wednesday the 3rd.

Foreman is in Class 4A in the IHSA tournament. The resume play on Tuesday, March 2nd. Foreman has the 2nd seed in Maywood (Proviso East) Sectional. Chicago (Whitney Young) is the #1 seed.

Dwayne Evans and Neuqua Valley (also 4A) are hosting their own sectional and are the the #2 seed behind Glenbard East. They start play on Wednesday the 3rd.

So the Chicago Public League championship is more like a, say, Suburban North conference championship, only it's a tournament, rather than a regular-season round-robin?

So the Chicago Public League championship is more like a, say, Suburban North conference championship, only it's a tournament, rather than a regular-season round-robin?

Yes, the CPL championship is now separate tournament from the IHSA tournament. All the schools in the state get slotted into the 4 classes of the tournament. Up until 2003 the Public League Championship was part of the IHSA tournament and the winner moved on the state finals (Elite 8) in the state tournament.

Yes, the CPL championship is now separate tournament from the IHSA tournament. All the schools in the state get slotted into the 4 classes of the tournament. Up until 2003 the Public League Championship was part of the IHSA tournament and the winner moved on the state finals (Elite 8) in the state tournament.

Thanks.

28 points from McCall, on a team with three other D1 players. Quite impressive.

Everything I've seen (few video clips) and heard about this guy is off the charts. I know it has been discussed on here before but I can't recall...is he more highly recruited and regarded than Kwaiman was out of high school? From what I understand, KM was a 'late bloomer' if you will in terms of recognition but wasn't sure about McCall.

Everything I've seen (few video clips) and heard about this guy is off the charts. I know it has been discussed on here before but I can't recall...is he more highly recruited and regarded than Kwaiman was out of high school? From what I understand, KM was a 'late bloomer' if you will in terms of recognition but wasn't sure about McCall.

In a lot of ways they are very simialar. Not recruited/regarded that highly, but everyone who saw them play knew they were good. Then by their senior year, theyre just great, but they have already committed. They both drew rave reviews senior year. McCall is a much better shooter than KM was, but well see if he works as hard as Kwa' has.

In a lot of ways they are very simialar. Not recruited/regarded that highly, but everyone who saw them play knew they were good. Then by their senior year, theyre just great, but they have already committed. They both drew rave reviews senior year. McCall is a much better shooter than KM was, but well see if he works as hard as Kwa' has.

That's what I figured...agreed on the work ethic. I doubt anyone on the team works any harder than KM does. Seems like Rick has an uncanny way of finding raw talented players before they really mature at the HS level. Obviously helps a school like SLU against the bigger conferences that come in at the last minute as you mentioned.