Fouls / Scorekeeping debacle from the Bonnie Game.

bsheldon

Sorry if this is/was covered in another thread.

I did see elswhere a couple of days ago where someone listed when the fouls happened for the CS and the Bonnie player (forgot his name.)

A buddy of mine just called from the road and said that Slaten was raving about it on 590 right now. My buddy is coming home from Rolla so reception was going in and out. He called me--expecting me to know what is going on, and I don't have a clue. Slaten is saying that the Bonnies supposedly had two guys foul out incorrectly instead of just the one who scored all of the points late in the game??

Does anyone have anymore info on what really went down?

Slaten is again a moron if he's saying that.

CS and another player each received technical fouls. The scoring table screwed up by counting the fouls towards disqualification (which was correct) but then by not counting them when CS got his fifth (and the other guy had already fouled out). When they reduced CS's total to four, St. B said that their player should also have four. CS played (or was eligible) for about 2 minutes before the other guy was allowed (incorrectly) to return to the game. But the St. B player did, by rule, foul out.

CS and another player each received technical fouls. The scoring table screwed up by counting the fouls towards disqualification (which was correct) but then by not counting them when CS got his fifth (and the other guy had already fouled out). When they reduced CS's total to four, St. B said that their player should also have four. CS played (or was eligible) for about 2 minutes before the other guy was allowed (incorrectly) to return to the game. But the St. B player did, by rule, foul out.

CS for 41 seconds 1 rebound 0 points. Hall for 85 seconds 5 points 1 rebound.

CS for 41 seconds 1 rebound 0 points. Hall for 85 seconds 5 points 1 rebound.

I have sat behind that scorekeeper for many years and the number of mistakes he makes is amazing. He wears a striped shirt and he acts like he is an real official but he continually messes up. Why he keeps the job I have no idea.

Thanks. That is what I understood to have happened.

I have sat behind that scorekeeper for many years and the number of mistakes he makes is amazing. He wears a striped shirt and he acts like he is an real official but he continually messes up. Why he keeps the job I have no idea.

Is this the same guy who several years ago wore a Missouri sweatshirt at one of our games?

No. The book keeps just fouls, free throws, made field goals, made 3pt field goals, the possession arrow, and timeouts. Other stats keepers are responsible for field goal attempts, assists, steals, turnovers, blocks, and rebounds.

Is he the guy who is responsible for the scoreboard also?

i am continually amazed they cant show the players on the floor on the scoreboard. it would seem that would be an easy task. but then again i dont know the mechanics of what has to be done to switch the player numbers and stats. but yes it is very frustrating.

i am continually amazed they cant show the players on the floor on the scoreboard. it would seem that would be an easy task. but then again i dont know the mechanics of what has to be done to switch the player numbers and stats. but yes it is very frustrating.

No. I've been both scorekeeper and timekeeper (not at the same time) for high school games, and it's enough just to keep the book. You really can't do anything else.

What the timekeeper does (at the high-school level, anyway) is start and stop the clock, time timeouts, alert the officials of substitutions, and update the basic information on the scoreboard (home score, away score, team fouls, personal fouls, timeouts left, possession arrow). In order to update individual player stats, according to who's on the floor, requires extra help.