When did Majerus say this?

It mattered at halftime, but now is irrelevant.

Happens every time on the A-10 road.... eastern mentality, eastern refs, what TF is St. Louis doing in our town?

It happens as needed, will taper off now that game is out of hand.

AND I think Majerus made it worse with his statements about the MVC being equal to A-10.

What??

He's said that he thinks SLU belongs in the Missouri Valley because of geography, but I don't know that he's ever said the competition was equal.

The way this team plays on the road they are more suited for the Ohio Valley.

Or the NAIA.

Sorry, but I am just pissed about this game in the shadow of Majerus blathering. I can take one or the other, but both are just too much.

I know what would solve all this bitching. Forfeit all road games. We wouldn't continually embarass ourselves on the road, travel expenses are saved so Biondi is happy, travel days are gone so RM is happy, the players never miss any days of school, the conference situation is solved because geography is irrelevant when you only play at home. We just win all our home games, finish with an 8-8 conference record, so we make the A10 tourney, we schedule more home than road games in non-conference, so RM maintains his no losing seasons, and we can make the dance if we win the tourney. So there. Every problem solved. Chris May, make it happen.

There was a nice PRO-A10 article put in the Post-Dispatch today.

More mid-majors in line for NCAA basketball bids

BY STU DURANDO

Led by the improved Atlantic 10, mid-majors (teams not in the BCS conferences) are making a comeback.

"The A-10 is having an amazing year,'' said Doug Elgin, commissioner of the St. Louis-based Missouri Valley Conference. "They're looking at getting more than two teams and maybe as many as five.

Full article here.

What??

He's said that he thinks SLU belongs in the Missouri Valley because of geography, but I don't know that he's ever said the competition was equal.

Just saw this....

My understanding is that in one of his early diatribes, after the geography statement, he said something to the effect that 'and the Valley has played as good of ball as the A-10'.

And we all know that the last 7-8-9 yrs the Valley has pretty much been equal in RPI and NCAA teams (14-10 teams so you take

40% off A-10).

This yr, so far, A-10 is superior, but may not end that way, but A-10 should wind up "ahead" of MVC.

No, I cannot prove RM said that... I am not gonna look thru 1,000 posts and the internet to look into ***. I am not a 24/7 billikens.com geek. But I do not think I read it wrong. Eventually I might run into it again.

You all know that I think we should have gone MVC years ago, for several reasons, not just geography, now after 6 yrs it probably is too late anyway, just wait for another conference shakeup and hope we can get involved with a better conference for SLU's needs.

I do not blame RM for speaking his mind, especially if he was promised charter flights and they were pulled back. Not optimal that he talks, but I understand, and he is not the one to blame, SLU-Biondi-May are the ones that reneged.

I do not blame RM for speaking his mind, especially if he was promised charter flights and they were pulled back. Not optimal that he talks, but I understand, and he is not the one to blame, SLU-Biondi-May are the ones that reneged.

-first amendment says rick can speak his mind, no doubt, however should we all say everything we are entitled to under that? that i believe is part if not most of the issue

-in other words, perhaps there was a better way for him to make his point known to those that needed to know

Just saw this....

My understanding is that in one of his early diatribes, after the geography statement, he said something to the effect that 'and the Valley has played as good of ball as the A-10'.

And we all know that the last 7-8-9 yrs the Valley has pretty much been equal in RPI and NCAA teams (14-10 teams so you take

40% off A-10).

This yr, so far, A-10 is superior, but may not end that way, but A-10 should wind up "ahead" of MVC.

No, I cannot prove RM said that... I am not gonna look thru 1,000 posts and the internet to look into ***. I am not a 24/7 billikens.com geek. But I do not think I read it wrong. Eventually I might run into it again.

You all know that I think we should have gone MVC years ago, for several reasons, not just geography, now after 6 yrs it probably is too late anyway, just wait for another conference shakeup and hope we can get involved with a better conference for SLU's needs.

What's the point? You don't even know that he said that, and if so it doesn't make it so.

The MVC hasn't been equal to the A10. The 14 teams doesn't help the A10 it's a hindrance to NCAA berths.

What's the point? You don't even know that he said that, and if so it doesn't make it so.

The MVC hasn't been equal to the A10. The 14 teams doesn't help the A10 it's a hindrance to NCAA berths.

He clearly indicated that he has no business on this board when he said this:

I am not gonna look thru 1,000 posts and the internet to look into ***.

Is it Friday yet? :lol:

I say he did say that, just that I cannot prove it, find the quote (yet).

Maybe I will look thru 1,000 posts, and the internet, call KFNS, and 101.1 then I will be "one of the guys" on this board, at least as far as obsessive compulsive behavior is concerned...

And 14 teams does give the A-10 a 40% better chance of sending a team to the NCAA, called an "apples to apples comparison".

And RPI's have been a "wash" last 7-8 yrs. This yr, A-10 way ahead so far.

I'm leavin' right now, going to the St. Bonny game... sec 115.

Bills will romp by 12, piss off the Majerus haters! What will they ***** about for the next few days????

I say he did say that, just that I cannot prove it, find the quote (yet).

Maybe I will look thru 1,000 posts, and the internet, call KFNS, and 101.1 then I will be "one of the guys" on this board, at least as far as obsessive compulsive behavior is concerned...

And 14 teams does give the A-10 a 40% better chance of sending a team to the NCAA, called an "apples to apples comparison".

And RPI's have been a "wash" last 7-8 yrs. This yr, A-10 way ahead so far.

I'm leavin' right now, going to the St. Bonny game... sec 115.

Bills will romp by 12, piss off the Majerus haters! What will they ***** about for the next few days????

No, you didn't say he "did" say that.

Hell, you're not even sure what you just said earlier today, so how would we have any faith in what you think you remember RM saying.

You can be one of the guys now if you'd like, as long as you own a velvet robe, drink single malt scotch, like dim lit rooms filled with smoke from the Cuban Cigars you bring us, and are willing to take the oath.

OT - What's up with the Sherpa leaving off Tuckers? Is the man insane? New to St. Louis? or what? :lol:

51 years old, lifelong, Vianney boy. Billiken fan (although he's not exclusive).

I helped him with that list. We were originally at 20, but I pushed for 25. The problem is that, in addition to sheer quality, you sorta have to be geographically aware when your circulation boundaries are so large.

Plus he's using the comments section as a surrogate for write-in voting, so be sure to cast yours!