Frivolous perhaps: anyone here like to see SLU hold GW to LESS than 20

Bills71

I'll take holding them to 90 as long as we have 91 at the end of the game. Obviously, not going to happen, but I really don't care what we hold them to. Defense hasn't really been our problem--putting the ball in the hoop has been. We are getting better at scoring by the day so lets hope for a solid game in the 60-70 point range with a comfortable margin of victory. My prediction 64-56 Bills. With them closing the double digit lead in the last 2 minutes by putting us on the line. Heck, we held Charlotte to 52 points in regulation and they averaged over 80 a game at home at that point. Expecting us to hold GW to a low score is probable: under 60 is likely, under 50 maybe under 40 unlikely, under 30 extremely doubtful, under 20 fugetabowtit. Again as long as we hit our open looks we should be good.

I would like to see anyone hold anyone to under 20, to get us out of the record books. That was probably the most embarrassing moment for me as a Billiken fan.

I remember the next day my boss at work sarcastically asking me if I were to take a shot from half court every possession would I score more than 20 points. Considering we had 62 possessions that game, I have to believe I could made one of every 9 attempts...of course Nark may disagree given his performance in the half court shootout last year.

I would like to see anyone hold anyone to under 20, to get us out of the record books. That was probably the most embarrassing moment for me as a Billiken fan.

Everytime I turn on a game and the score is real low, i immediately become very interested....until that 21st point is scored. I've never had the Billikens discussed in Nashville.....other than the day after that game. Brutal.

Everytime I turn on a game and the score is real low, i immediately become very interested....until that 21st point is scored. I've never had the Billikens discussed in Nashville.....other than the day after that game. Brutal.

Me too.

I remember the day after that game, I was at PJ's in Kirkwood, and the extensive "highlights" came on SportsCenter. Of course, everyone around the bar started buzzing about it. I had a SLU hat on and looked over at another guy who was wearing a SLU hat, and we both gave each other a "can you f-ing believe this?" look.

would at least be in the top 5. i can think of slu losing to mckendree in the early 80's, the southwest missouri students taking over our own student section, ron ekker's entire slu coaching reign, and greg hardin entering the gym at midnight madness as a feshman when he was supposed to be our best recruit to go along with the great geo wash scoring binge..