Reprise

still wasn't a charge on KM

Where the refs changed the call with 26 sec to go was total BS - clearly off the hand of a Spider - who are these refs who come out of nowhere to change a correct call? We need to monitor their bets.

Where the refs changed the call with 26 sec to go was total BS - clearly off the hand of a Spider - who are these refs who come out of nowhere to change a correct call? We need to monitor their bets.

Why didn't they go to the monitor and check it? I don't understand how the official closest to the call can get overruled. And if another official feels differently, go to the monitor for 'irrefutable video evidence' of said call.

Most definitely should have been SLU ball when it got knocked out of bounds there at the end.

Sorry, I disagree. When the call was made, I immediately turned to the people with me and said that it should have been the other way. When I looked back, the refs were conferring and they changed the call to a Richmond possession. From my angle, it was pretty clear that it was out on SLU.

Why didn't they go to the monitor and check it? I don't understand how the official closest to the call can get overruled. And if another official feels differently, go to the monitor for 'irrefutable video evidence' of said call.

When Conklin got his shot blocked in last minute of the game Highmark and Parris said it was goal tending-the spider hit it after it arched; Conklin should have had two more. The refs missed that call, too

When Conklin got his shot blocked in last minute of the game Highmark and Parris said it was goal tending-the spider hit it after it arched; Conklin should have had two more. The refs missed that call, too

1) I was stunned when they actually did call goaltending after the foul in the first half. (I was sputtering and everyone around me was staring at me, and then they made the call and people stopped looking at me like I was a crazed fan.)

2) I was DUMBSTRUCK when they called offensive goaltending. Perhaps the refs all got a midseason memo that included a rule book.

3) I have the thing DVRed from last night. I wondered about that last goaltend -- I'll have to look. I guess they just couldn't bring themselves to call three in a game on the same team. Must have been trying to keep things "evened up"? ;)

Earlier this season I said the same thing about how ridiculous it was for a ref to come all the way across court and over rule a ref who was standing right by the play and few jumped all over me saying that the distance has nothing to do with it - the angle is all that matters. My only point is if the ref closest to the play seems certain of his call then why would the other ref think he is more right - now I could see if the ref seems uncertain or asks for help then that is a whole other matter.

Sorry, I disagree. When the call was made, I immediately turned to the people with me and said that it should have been the other way. When I looked back, the refs were conferring and they changed the call to a Richmond possession. From my angle, it was pretty clear that it was out on SLU.

Well your angle told you wrong because when you watch the replay it clearly went off UR. I was at the game and had no way of telling from my seat so I had no opinion on the reversal but when I watched the game replayed last night on FSM it clearly was off UR and the announcers said so also.

Actually, when watching the replayed game last night they did say it was goal tending however, they changed their mind after seeing the replay - I agree it was not goal tending.

In any event, it was enjoyable and eye opening to see on TV what I had seen in person - we were lucky to win with so many calls against us.

I have noticed this trend also, it seems like we very rarely get what you would call a "Homer" type game called by the officials.

JMHO

Midway through the 2nd half we had 9 fouls and Richmond had 4 or 5.

That seems to happen to us a lot at home.

:(

I have noticed this trend also, it seems like we very rarely get what you would call a "Homer" type game called by the officials.

JMHO

It seems to me that we get some home cooking against our less than stellar opponents and buy games but not so much against good conference teams......

JMHO

Earlier thread talked about and I think we would all agree; the refs seem to like to even the fouls by the end of the game so if you have had momentum all of the way through the game and a few fouls more were called on the visitors

then you are going to have to weather keeping your lead and having more fouls against you in the final minutes and visa versa. The refs do establish control and relinquish it when it is safe to not influence much of the game; but we are

talking about equal teams that do beat each other in their home the majority of times. Otherwise there would not be buy games.