Could Ellis mean Loe will follow?

SLUDrew

Guest BillikenReport

Don't know if this has been thrown around yet but I thought I saw where KC was quite the baseball player in high school. Could SLU give him an athletic scholarship to play baseball and he continues to be on the basketball team as well as play baseball?

So we've now had posts about putting basketball players on academic scholarship and also changing basketball players to scholarships in other sports like baseball.

I hope people realize these aren't exactly original ideas for ways to get around scholarship limits. That's why the NCAA has addressed situations like this and has restrictions about what schools and teams can do.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm glad you said if, 72. I feel like some people think its a foregone conclusion that Loe will sign with the Bills. He has some pretty big fish after him, so if we got him I think it would be a major coup. I don't understand all the talk about when Loe signs and what will happen. We are a long way off from that.

Exactly. Loe, while maybe not a long shot, is far, far from a certainty. I would be surprised if we have better than a 20% chance. It would be spectacular to have him for what he would do to defenses combined with Willie, Ellis, and Kwamain, but, for now, that is only a dream.

Exactly. Loe, while maybe not a long shot, is far, far from a certainty. I would be surprised if we have better than a 20% chance. It would be spectacular to have him for what he would do to defenses combined with Willie, Ellis, and Kwamain, but, for now, that is only a dream.

Completely wrong about Loe. Right now it looks like we are the front runners and teams like Pitt even realize that. I'm not saying he is a for sure thing, because no recruit is for sure until they sign, but the chances are a lot higher than 20%.

Completely wrong about Loe. Right now it looks like we are the front runners and teams like Pitt even realize that. I'm not saying he is a for sure thing, because no recruit is for sure until they sign, but the chances are a lot higher than 20%.

You have no idea how much I hope you are right. Does anyone know the expected timing of his decision? Official LOI is not until spring, but he can verbal at any time, correct?

You have no idea how much I hope you are right. Does anyone know the expected timing of his decision? Official LOI is not until spring, but he can verbal at any time, correct?

AZ worries me. His brother goes there. Also, their coed selection is pretty amazing as well. I understand it's not an official visit for him, but that ain't gonna stop Sean Miller from taking him to dinner and showing him the sights around Tempe. The fact that we're being mentioned with the likes of AZ and Pitt, and why anyone wants to go to Pitt is beyond me, says alot about what RM's done for the program.

AZ worries me. His brother goes there. Also, their coed selection is pretty amazing as well. I understand it's not an official visit for him, but that ain't gonna stop Sean Miller from taking him to dinner and showing him the sights around Tempe. The fact that we're being mentioned with the likes of AZ and Pitt, and why anyone wants to go to Pitt is beyond me, says alot about what RM's done for the program.

I would be surprised if he decides to go to AZ - AZ is not one of his top 3 and they very easily could have been had he wanted to do so - my guess is the kid wants to forge his own trail and not be overshadowed by his big brother. That being said - to get him it would take some one leaving and honestly, it sounds like RM is happy with all his players so that may not really be something that happens. It could be the Loe issue was a back up for the CE matter but now that is cleared up.

Guest BillikenReport

It could be the Loe issue was a back up for the CE matter but now that is cleared up.

I don't think Loe was Ellis insurance. Don't forget, it's not like SLU was recruiting a big guy from South County. If SLU wasn't serious about Loe, they wouldn't have been sending Harriman to New Zealand and paying for Loe's official visit to campus.

The Billikens are still recruiting Loe because he's one of the best available guys out there. SLU offered Loe, but the Billikens didn't offer the 7-footer from Minnesota who made an official visit this fall and then signed with Lafayette.

The coaches are still recruiting -- and specifically looking at available big guys -- in case someone leaves like last year and the year before and several years of the BS tenure. Majerus wants a full roster and hasn't been able to do that yet.

I would be surprised if he decides to go to AZ - AZ is not one of his top 3 and they very easily could have been had he wanted to do so - my guess is the kid wants to forge his own trail and not be overshadowed by his big brother. That being said - to get him it would take some one leaving and honestly, it sounds like RM is happy with all his players so that may not really be something that happens. It could be the Loe issue was a back up for the CE matter but now that is cleared up.

Not sure how much the brother factor plays into this to be honest... He graduates this year I believe.

I don't think Loe was Ellis insurance. Don't forget, it's not like SLU was recruiting a big guy from South County. If SLU wasn't serious about Loe, they wouldn't have been sending Harriman to New Zealand and paying for Loe's official visit to campus.

The Billikens are still recruiting Loe because he's one of the best available guys out there. SLU offered Loe, but the Billikens didn't offer the 7-footer from Minnesota who made an official visit this fall and then signed with Lafayette.

The coaches are still recruiting -- and specifically looking at available big guys -- in case someone leaves like last year and the year before and several years of the BS tenure. Majerus wants a full roster and hasn't been able to do that yet.

Nate is absolutely correct. Loe is a very highly desired recruit by this staff regardless of whether we have Ellis. With Cody and Christian--and KM and Willie--he would fit in beautifully and we really want him to sign to complete our team! I would think that if he looks at our team he is a perfect fit because he has two guys he knows well which would help with his acclimation to the US and he will never have to worry about being double teamed down on the post with Willie and Cody playing and KM taking a lot of the opposing defense as well. Go Bills!

i get it roy. you never said you never question rick, only sometimes, even though you truly believe he is an inferior tactician to cuonzo (a second year head coach). but overall you think rick is a master. it only comes across otherwise with every post you put on this board.

you cant read very well can you. go back and read again. go slow this time.

Nate is absolutely correct. Loe is a very highly desired recruit by this staff regardless of whether we have Ellis. With Cody and Christian--and KM and Willie--he would fit in beautifully and we really want him to sign to complete our team! I would think that if he looks at our team he is a perfect fit because he has two guys he knows well which would help with his acclimation to the US and he will never have to worry about being double teamed down on the post with Willie and Cody playing and KM taking a lot of the opposing defense as well. Go Bills!

I understand that we would like to have him but then some one does have to leave. I am getting somewhat concerned about Jeff Reid - his concussion recovery has been problematic. Has he gone home to recover or what? - did he ever take his finals? You have to start really worrying for the kid's health.

I understand that we would like to have him but then some one does have to leave. I am getting somewhat concerned about Jeff Reid - his concussion recovery has been problematic. Has he gone home to recover or what? - did he ever take his finals? You have to start really worrying for the kid's health.

Don't know about his finals, but he went home for a couple of weeks to help recover.

My daughter suffered from concussions (soccer) and either JR has an unbelievable problem recovering, has had several in the past (the recovery time for each additional event lengthens), or there are additional issues not previously discussed.

In his brief playing time, he appeared to be a good shooter, and the team could use a more consistent outside shooter than we are currently bringing off the bench.

Hopefully RM took Loe eastside to show him our coed selection in St. Louis. God Bless those girls.

• 3 months later...

Funny to read this old thread... I was just "googling" Loe... and this old thread popped up... what a huge difference three months made for this team.. and in particular Kyle... this whole board was ready to kick him off the team... and man what a contribution he made in the second half of the year... just makes me reflect on what huge strides these kids all made... what a great season.