The madness has begun

kshoe

fine way for the a-10 to get 4 teams in the tourney as xu was not a chance before today. they probably move to bubble rpi range with this win and of course with the big fish out, could easily win the tourney. dayton and richmond are also in imo. so this xu win is not a good win for the missouri folks.

i am a st joes fan for the tourney as they seem to be at a point that slu can become. a fine private school that has hit the jackpot on a couple of longshot guards when they came out of high school.

anyway, i have to agree they wont get a number one seed now. the big boys back room lobby will gladly use this win to rationalize another big 6 conference team getting a number one seed instead. st joes will now get a #2 seed.

they were over 50 on the rpi. i am a big believer in the 40 and under rpi and the rest of the doled out bids are normally big 6 conference teams. this will will put xaiver under 50 thus they now have legit rpi argument. win vs dayton probably gets them near 40.

i am not a fan of washington getting in. if they get in it is again the big 6 conference b.s. imo, the pac 10 and big ten shouldnt get more than 4-5 teams, but how much you want to bet they get more than that?

i still believe missouri is in. unless they lose to a&m, they will remain close enough to that top 40 coupled with them being in the old boys club big 6 conference thing, they will be there.

they're 4-4 against the top 50 in rpi, they're 51st in rpi (which is by no means outside the selection comittee's criteria), they're 7-7 in road/neutral games, they have 2 wins against the top 25 in rpi (alabama, cincinatti), they're 9-1 in their last 10, and they're a 20 win team, which is usually enough to garner attention.

XU is my adopted second favorite team, so I follow them pretty closely. They got very hot at the end of the year, and it's helping make up for getting swept by Duquesne and losing to Ball State and Indiana. After today, they'll be 21-10, and in a good position to win the A10 tournament.

fine with me if they make it. another team we can throw in the face of the mvc vs the a-10 knuckleheads that we have to argue with all the time.

depends what kind of coaching game co-player/coaches, ricky paulding and arthur johnson have. they have proven this year it is tough to coach and play both at the collegiate level.

i still hate x from the late 80's days when we always played them close but not quite. i still spit at the screen when pete gillen shows up on tv for virginia. bad feelings dont die easy.

that is why i chuckle when folks think we wont have rivals in the a-10. oh how quickly everyone forgets. same with dayton.

I don't understand that ... how many top 20 teams have they played? I know I am in the minority ... but I say a 4 seed. If they played in the Big 12 south they would have at least 4 or 5 losses ... maybe more. How about if they were in CUSA ... at least 2 or 3 losses. How about the Big East, the SEC, the ACC.

Official Billikens.com sponsor of H. Waldman