SLU vs. SIU

Salukitalk would have four threads on a game if SIU were playing St. Mary's Sisters of the Poor. We're a passionate bunch. Another exhibit of this will likely be when SIU fans are louder than the SLU fans at Chaifetz tomorrow night. ;)

We've had 50 + page threads on Kyle Cassity.

I'm guessing it has something to do with people caring.

Right now, more threads are going on the FCS Quarterfinal with William and Mary that will take place tomorrow morning at 11.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Salukitalk would have four threads on a game if SIU were playing St. Mary's Sisters of the Poor. We're a passionate bunch. Another exhibit of this will likely be when SIU fans are louder than the SLU fans at Chaifetz tomorrow night. :P

Keep dreaming. ;) You will be drowned out to the point of irrelevance. :( I mean, you have a nice little following, but you're no Dayton or anything... :lol: When you leave Chaifetz, your face will look like this: :o Oh, no! How could this have happened to my precious dogs?! :lol:

Keep dreaming. ;) You will be drowned out to the point of irrelevance. :P I mean, you have a nice little following, but you're no Dayton or anything... :lol: When you leave Chaifetz, your face will look like this: :o Oh, no! How could this have happened to my precious dogs?! :lol:

No one wants to play at the Fetz

No one wants to play at the Fetz

No doubt. This isn't ScottTrade in the dark with empty space. This is packed in elbow to elbow at the Fetz in a sea of blue and it is going to be ROCKIN'! No one comes to SLU'S HOUSE and pushes SLU around!

I don't know, folks. I think we may have a rivalry on our hands.

Oh, so we are playing Dayton?...Or...Xavier?...Or...I'm sorry you lost me.

No doubt. This isn't ScottTrade in the dark with empty space. This is packed in elbow to elbow at the Fetz in a sea of blue and it is going to be ROCKIN'! No one comes to SLU'S HOUSE and pushes SLU around!

Oh, so we are playing Dayton?...Or...Xavier?...Or...I'm sorry you lost me.

I think SIUC is our rivalry game. Every year we play them, the series is close, their have been upsets and hurt feelings. Until we are on a sustained level with X that's not really much of a rivalry game. Heck, we hadn't played them for what almost 20 years until we joined the A-10.

I think SIUC is our rivalry game. Every year we play them, the series is close, their have been upsets and hurt feelings. Until we are on a sustained level with X that's not really much of a rivalry game. Heck, we hadn't played them for what almost 20 years until we joined the A-10.

I think right now SIU-C and Dayton are probably the closest thing to rivals we have. I'd say they are about even in terms of the rivalry. I would guess/hope that going forward as we have some battles with Dayton and Xavier for tops in the A-10 those will develop into better rivalries than SIU-C. However, if we keep this series going year after year, geography and history will always make SIU-C a rival of sorts.

I hope SLU fans pack it in wearing BLUE