Big Day for SLU, Big Day for A-10

RUBillsFan

While SLU takes on #23 ND, there are some other big games in the A-10 today. UMass takes on #2 Michigan State and La Salle goes up against #4 Villanova. If we can get 1 win out of those 3 games (hopefully SLU) that is great, 2 wins would be phenomenal.

Other big games include Richmond against Mizzou, GW vs. Oregon State, and Temple vs. St. Johns. Also Fordham takes on the Manhattan Jaspers in a battle for NY.

Dayton down 13 to Towson w/13 min left. OUCH

URI beating Davidson by 3 w/16 min left.

GW down 8 to Oregon St. w/ 16 min left.

Looks like Dayton hit a bunch fo threes down the stretch to pull it out. Still, I expected better from them than 3-2 and having to barely scrape out wins at home vs. Towson.

UD has a tough rivalry game on Wednesday night.

Nebraska just beat USC at USC. That is starting to look like a pretty decent win.

Bad loss by Xavier to Baylor today. I caught some of the game and Xavier certainly looked beatable. Took some absolutely horrible shots.

Watching X today I thought it was interesting how high they would pull Kenny Frease on D. He is not the most nimble afoot yet they would have him out past the free throw line at times double teaming. Certainly would give someone like WR the opportunity to exploit the paint. X is rather formidable with Love, Crawford, Macclean, and when he plays a traditional post, Frease.

i watched the xavier vs baylor game yesterday. my main takeaway impression was that baylor is good. i will be surprised if baylor doesnt finish in the top half of the big 12.

i will also say that while xavier has a lot big athletic bodies, i thought they seemed disjointed at times and definitely didnt seem to be the xavier of recent years. of course a lot of that could be because of baylor being much improved and also the break in period of a new xavier coach. regardless, i will be surprised if xavier runs away from the pack in the a-10 this year. they will be good, but not like the last few years.