Mr. Show-Me Basketball

Taj79

I saw on the main page a listing of folks in the running for this award. I know the Griffey kid is locked into Illinois. And the Allen kid is going to play football somewhere last I heard. Can anyone give a list of what the future holds for the others on this list?

Thanks in advance.

I saw on the main page a listing of folks in the running for this award. I know the Griffey kid is locked into Illinois. And the Allen kid is going to play football somewhere last I heard. Can anyone give a list of what the future holds for the others on this list?

Thanks in advance.

W/o looking at the list I can answer your Allen question. Unless something has changed that I don't know about, Allen chose Minnesota to play both football and basketball, something Missouri wasn't willing to do. Pinkel was on board but Anderson was not.

Guest BillikenReport

MR. SHOW-ME BASKETBALL FINALISTS

Jordan Dressler – Rock Bridge High School (Toledo)

Keith Pickens – Oakville High School (Missouri State)

Bryant Allen – Maplewood-Richmond Heights High School (Minnesota)

Micah Mayle – Laquey High School

Alex Hall – Kickapoo High School

Craig Mattson – Jefferson High School

Alec Burks – Grandview High School (Colorado)

Justin Clark – William Chrisman High School (Illinois State)

Lonnie Boga – McCluer High School (Wisconsin-Milwaukee)

Tyler Griffey – Lafayette (Illinois)

Michael Dixon – Lee’s Summit West (Missouri)

The award will likely go to either Burks, Dixon or Allen. Burks, whose team finished second to Chaminade, won the Gatorade poy award.

Apparently SLU tried to recruit Burks, but he wanted to play in the Big 12. Mizzou missed on him because apparently he wanted to go there and they didn't recruit him. The kid is going to be good. He's 6-feet-5, can really score and can shoot it from anywhere. At SLU, he could have been better next year than Liddell was this past year. I like him a lot.

Thanks for the information Nate. From reviewing that list, one can conclude that Missouri isn't exactly a hotbed for college basketball recruits (or at least wasn't this past season). If my memory services me correct, 12 years ago the St. Louis area alone sent something like a dozen kids to major or high mid-major programs.

MR. SHOW-ME BASKETBALL FINALISTS

Jordan Dressler – Rock Bridge High School (Toledo)

Keith Pickens – Oakville High School (Missouri State)

Bryant Allen – Maplewood-Richmond Heights High School (Minnesota)

Micah Mayle – Laquey High School

Alex Hall – Kickapoo High School

Craig Mattson – Jefferson High School

Alec Burks – Grandview High School (Colorado)

Justin Clark – William Chrisman High School (Illinois State)

Lonnie Boga – McCluer High School (Wisconsin-Milwaukee)

Tyler Griffey – Lafayette (Illinois)

Michael Dixon – Lee’s Summit West (Missouri)

The award will likely go to either Burks, Dixon or Allen. Burks, whose team finished second to Chaminade, won the Gatorade poy award.

Apparently SLU tried to recruit Burks, but he wanted to play in the Big 12. Mizzou missed on him because apparently he wanted to go there and they didn't recruit him. The kid is going to be good. He's 6-feet-5, can really score and can shoot it from anywhere. At SLU, he could have been better next year than Liddell was this past year. I like him a lot.

That good, sounds like the Buffs got a player. Sucks that he really didn't even consider us.

Thanks for the information Nate. From reviewing that list, one can conclude that Missouri isn't exactly a hotbed for college basketball recruits (or at least wasn't this past season). If my memory services me correct, 12 years ago the St. Louis area alone sent something like a dozen kids to major or high mid-major programs.

This was an extremely down year.

But a list of Mr. Show-Me candidates isn't a comprehensive list of all Div-I-bound athletes in the state.

Guest BillikenReport

How come the best basketball player in the state (Chaminade's Brandon Beal) is not on the list?

Bradley.

Brandon is his older brother that plays football at Northern Illinois.

And I know this was just a typo.

thanks for the updates. So who wins/won the coveted St. Louis Metro Player of the Year award? Griffey? teh item Polk and Shelton and some of the other Vashon kids used to win.

Guest BillikenReport

thanks for the updates. So who wins/won the coveted St. Louis Metro Player of the Year award? Griffey? teh item Polk and Shelton and some of the other Vashon kids used to win.

The P-D player of the year was Bryant Allen.