Economics

Mizzou's source of economic stimulus for their men's hoops program come from many forms, including lucrative regular season TV deals through the big-12, as well as an enormous amount earned with their deep run into the tournament. This is allowing Alden the opportunity to offer Anderson a raise from his base $850,000.00 to a possible 1.3 million.

SLU has no such lucrative TV deal nor participation in any post-season tournament. So, where do we find the resources to pay our head coach a million? Do we have those types of boosters or are we going into debt? When visiting Rachel the other day to inquire about the banquet, I saw where Rick has his six high back leather chairs for the staff in his office, but have been told many programs are going without. It's been said that Shiimy doesn't even have furniture in her office, our championship volleyball squad's lockerroom isn't big enough for the team to dress, and our baseball team drives 7 hours to Ole Miss and comes straight back on the same day.

Does Larry, Joe, and Chris actually allow this?

Mizzou's source of economic stimulus for their men's hoops program come from many forms, including lucrative regular season TV deals through the big-12, as well as an enormous amount earned with their deep run into the tournament. This is allowing Alden the opportunity to offer Anderson a raise from his base $850,000.00 to a possible 1.3 million.

SLU has no such lucrative TV deal nor participation in any post-season tournament. So, where do we find the resources to pay our head coach a million? Do we have those types of boosters or are we going into debt? When visiting Rachel the other day to inquire about the banquet, I saw where Rick has his six high back leather chairs for the staff in his office, but have been told many programs are going without. It's been said that Shiimy doesn't even have furniture in her office, our championship volleyball squad's lockerroom isn't big enough for the team to dress, and our baseball team drives 7 hours to Ole Miss and comes straight back on the same day.

I'll offer my place up to the volleyball team if they need somewhere to get dressed.

We have generous boosters

Most conferences split their winnings from deep runs into the NCAA tournament so I doubt that Mizzou will see a significant increase in their revenues from this years run. I don't know exactly how the Big 12 works but its possible they would see more revenues from Kansas' national championship last year then their Elite 8 run if they lose today. Furthermore, those revenues are not paid out immediately but are annuitized for many years in the future so its not like the NCAA is cutting them or the big 12 conference a big check tomorrow.

What sets Mizzou and most other BCS programs ahead of the SLUs of the world is that their football teams do most of the heavy lifting and subsidize the non revenue sports. The only revenue sport SLU has is men's basketball and it is expected to subsidize all of the other sports. This ends up hurting mens basketball. If we had BCS football money to add to that then everybody would be better off and even more of the revenues from mens b-ball could remain with mens b-ball.

That would seem strange that the Volleyball team doesn't have enough room to dress in their locker room. I know that the visiting team does not go back in the locker room to change from their warmup tops to their game tops. They do so behind the bleachers.

I'll offer my place up to the volleyball team if they need somewhere to get dressed.

I could bring over a case of Schlitz®

Posted Image

and we could rig up a Johnny Jump Up® at college girl height.

Posted Image

Then we just sit there drinking and throwing a new pair of Mizuno Low-Rider® spandex shorts

Posted Image

into the seat for each girl, watching them help each other into the shorts using "trust exercises"

Posted Image

after which they'll bounce around for awhile.

Posted Image

Once the girls get dressed, I'll walk them to the game (hopefully it's cold out) and you can put the Johnny Jump Up® into intermediate mode for Baby Box®.

Posted Image

Everybody wins.

Posted Image

Editor's Note: Before I get any "too much time on your hands" comments, this took 17 minutes to compile, and I just got in from killing it on the slopes for 6 hours. So BOOYAH, ECONOMICS!