OT: SEMO announcing new Coach at 2pm

SLUDrew

He finished second, he was a finalist. They are hiring Dickey Nutt, former Ark St coach.

This is too bad.

Question, why would he want this over the offers (Detroit and Toledo) he had last year?

I would think Detroit and Toledo are far more attractive.

This is too bad.

Question, why would he want this over the offers (Detroit and Toledo) he had last year?

I would think Detroit and Toledo are far more attractive.

I don't think he was offered Toledo. I think he had the Detroit offer in hand but was still trying to get a different offer (I can't remember if it was Toledo) and because of that the Detroit offer was pulled. If he's not able to get back into coaching he'll look back on that as a mistake. If something better comes along this year he'll probably consider it a blessing in disquise.

I don't think he was offered Toledo. I think he had the Detroit offer in hand but was still trying to get a different offer (I can't remember if it was Toledo) and because of that the Detroit offer was pulled. If he's not able to get back into coaching he'll look back on that as a mistake. If something better comes along this year he'll probably consider it a blessing in disquise.

Your recollection of BS's job hijinks is reminiscent of mine, which is confusing and I think reflects poorly on Brad. I really, really like him, and was upset when he was let go, but his job hunting excurion has me thinking less of him. Perhaps that perception is off, but whatever.

I don't trust my coaching barometer any more, anyway: I thought SEMO had it very right when they hired Edgar.

This has nothing to do with the coaching selection just a quick story.

I went to SEMO and they won the OVC when I was there in 98.

The first round of the tourney they had to play LSU and Strollemeyer Swift. The game was during SEMO spring break and me and about 20 of my buddies were down in Flordia.

The hotel we stayed in was packed with KY, UI, Ole Miss, Mississippi fans, and then our group from tiny SEMO. The game was close and we were going nuts and everyone was looking at us like we were crazy rooting for this little team from Cape. By the end of the first half though we had converted basically the entire hotel into, at the time, Indian fans.

They had a poolbar with a patio that had big screen TV's outside. By the end of the game there were easily over two hundred people out there rooting for SEMO.

Then with SEMO up one with about 3 seconds on the clock....................Swift took it to the rack and made a lay-up to win the game as time expired.

It was such a downer, all we could do was go to numerous beach bars get wasted and look at hot chick in thongs.

As it turns out, Being in FLordia on spring break gets you over a loss pretty quick

This has nothing to do with the coaching selection just a quick story.

I went to SEMO and they won the OVC when I was there in 98.

The first round of the tourney they had to play LSU and Strollemeyer Swift. The game was during SEMO spring break and me and about 20 of my buddies were down in Flordia.

The hotel we stayed in was packed with KY, UI, Ole Miss, Mississippi fans, and then our group from tiny SEMO. The game was close and we were going nuts and everyone was looking at us like we were crazy rooting for this little team from Cape. By the end of the first half though we had converted basically the entire hotel into, at the time, Indian fans.

They had a poolbar with a patio that had big screen TV's outside. By the end of the game there were easily over two hundred people out there rooting for SEMO.

Then with SEMO up one with about 3 seconds on the clock....................Swift took it to the rack and made a lay-up to win the game as time expired.

It was such a downer, all we could do was go to numerous beach bars get wasted and look at hot chick in thongs.

As it turns out, Being in FLordia on spring break gets you over a loss pretty quick

That is awesome - I remember that game. My mom went to SEMO, so I always root for them.

Nutt will do a good job there. He has always been able to recruit scorers and won with limited skill bigmen at ASU. He likes juco's too, so expect them to get some juco scorers and start winning in OVC league play by his 2nd season.

Brad would be a bad fit at a school like SEMO, imo.

The Nutt brothers are legends in the state of Arkansas. All three have been a head coach at the D1 level.

Any relationship with Houston Nutt, Head Football Coach at Ole Miss? I know he was a very successful coach at Arkansas.

Houston is doing a nice job down in Oxford.

Any relationship with Houston Nutt, Head Football Coach at Ole Miss? I know he was a very successful coach at Arkansas.

Houston is doing a nice job down in Oxford.

Dickey, Houston, and Dennis are brothers. Dennis played in the NBA and used to coach at Texas State.