Bills and St. Joe even

The Wiz

Wiz. Are you factoring in the expected attendance from the "White Out?" Also, curious as to what the line would be if this were an "away" game for us.

I'm not the Wiz, but I can only assume you are joking about the attendance from the white out being a factor. Is that some sort of sarcasm directed at SLU for trying to do something different for the game?

As for home-court advantage, I believe most computer programs add 4-5 points to the team playing at home. So if SLU was playing St. Joes on a neutral court we'd be 4-5 point dogs and if we were in Philly we'd be 8-10 points dogs.

Here is a link that provides info for this game and the rest of our schedule. Its typically within a point of two of the Wiz.

http://www.kenpom.com/team.php?y=2009&team=St.%20Louis

I'm not the Wiz, but I can only assume you are joking about the attendance from the white out being a factor. Is that some sort of sarcasm directed at SLU for trying to do something different for the game?

As for home-court advantage, I believe most computer programs add 4-5 points to the team playing at home. So if SLU was playing St. Joes on a neutral court we'd be 4-5 point dogs and if we were in Philly we'd be 8-10 points dogs.

Here is a link that provides info for this game and the rest of our schedule. Its typically within a point of two of the Wiz.

http://www.kenpom.com/team.php?y=2009&team=St.%20Louis

No sarcasm intended. So far, we have the arena but until the students show up (like they did against X last year), we will not taking FULL advantage of our 4-5 points for a home game.

Just look at SIUC this year. Although not playing as well as they have in recent years, they are still really tough at home. Yes, our Bills have done well at home as compared to the road, but I truly have a hard time believing that teams were really concerned about playing us at Scottrade (sellouts or 12,000 plus during the Spoon years excluded).

No sarcasm intended. So far, we have the arena but until the students show up (like they did against X last year), we will not taking FULL advantage of our 4-5 points for a home game.

Just look at SIUC this year. Although not playing as well as they have in recent years, they are still really tough at home. Yes, our Bills have done well at home as compared to the road, but I truly have a hard time believing that teams were really concerned about playing us at Scottrade (sellouts or 12,000 plus during the Spoon years excluded).

Fair enough.

For all the bad rap that the Scott Trade got, we actually were a pretty good home team there. Maybe the empty seats, the cold ice or and the depth perception were hard for our opponents to adjust to but I'd wajor a cold one that the SLU winning percentage since 1996 for home conference games minus our road winning percentage for conference games was larger then the average team (do it on conference games to take away the "buy-game" effect). Of course, I know of no way to prove it so its just for fun.

Fair enough.

For all the bad rap that the Scott Trade got, we actually were a pretty good home team there. Maybe the empty seats, the cold ice or and the depth perception were hard for our opponents to adjust to but I'd wajor a cold one that the SLU winning percentage since 1996 for home conference games minus our road winning percentage for conference games was larger then the average team (do it on conference games to take away the "buy-game" effect). Of course, I know of no way to prove it so its just for fun.

Think you're right. Just sitting on the "bench", you're feet had to get cold. Also, the depth perception had to cause trouble. Sure, these affected both teams equally and sure we were more used to the conditions than others, but it just cannot be the same as a home crowd at these other really tough venues - and hopefully Chaveitz will be on Wednesday, with the UD sellout and next year. Most disappointing, our guys were not able to shoot all that much at the Scott/Savvis as one would expect. Had we been able to practice/shoot at Scott alot more, we could have further exploited this advantage as well. This year, I would think the team can and does shoot on the main Court at Chaveitz as much as they want. While I know they don't practice on the main floor each day, most home team don't practice everyday on their main home court floor either.

Nice thing about college basketball is also some of the worst: kids play only a short time, graduate and are replaced. While I will miss 2 of our 3 Seniors (TL and KL), I am thrilled that the non-supportive Senior STUDENTS will all be gone next followed the next year by our non-supportive Junior STUDENTS. Good riddens students and hope the head of the Blue Crew is gone as well. In a few years, the team will be quite good and hopefully the younger students and the new student classes will not share the apathy of our student body these past how many years.

Good riddens students and hope the head of the Blue Crew is gone as well. In a few years, the team will be quite good and hopefully the younger students and the new student classes will not share the apathy of our student body these past how many years.

well if our student liason would work on getting the blue crew and the greeks together then.....oh wait, we dont have a student liason.