Scoring - Or Lack There Of

Postcard

This team has the same problems as all Bills teams going back to the year after Spoon left - they have a lack of shooting ability. Outside of Lisch, I don't think they have a threat from the outside and really have not had one for awhile. Yes, they do have or had guys with the potential to be good shooters or could have been shooters if they were a little taller or a little quicker and could get a shot off. And the other team will always find a 6-3 to 6-4 wing player to deny Kevin the ball or deny him a shot.

Another problem that all the teams had going back to Sodie's 3rd yr is turnovers. This team has had their share with the freshmen, Barry, and Tommie. I thought last year's team appeared to improve at this, but the turnovers have reared their ugly head. However, we are a little better on the inside.

I think Majerus has thrown a lot of different ways to attack you and is the most sophisticated we have seen since Spoon. However, I liked Brad's runner-blocker offense his 1st 2 years even though the scores were low, because they maximized their offensive potential playing at a slower pace and really working to keep turnovers down. His last 2 years when the offense focused on Ian, could have been a little more sophisticated and turnovers were high. I didn't like Romar's approach at all - he seemed to run the same pattern about 90% of the time.

Personel is what is the main piece here through all this. Again, we need another shooter of Kevin's caliber right now to be better or the big guys to really improve quickly to get more pts. What is going to happen is that the 2 freshmen will gradually improve from the outside and the inside freshmen will gradually get better on the inside.

This team has the same problems as all Bills teams going back to the year after Spoon left - they have a lack of shooting ability. Outside of Lisch, I don't think they have a threat from the outside and really have not had one for awhile.

Agree with Archy. This team is woefully deficient in the shooter department. And the problem was compounded by the departure of Cotto. Cassity is not a shooter nor a scorer. Paul E showed signs but hasn't found his shot since the back injury over the summer. Tommie's shot has regressed. This team needs to recruit a raft of shooters.

Agree with Archy. This team is woefully deficient in the shooter department. And the problem was compounded by the departure of Cotto. Cassity is not a shooter nor a scorer. Paul E showed signs but hasn't found his shot since the back injury over the summer. Tommie's shot has regressed. This team needs to recruit a raft of shooters.

Don't we have a couple of guys considered shooters coming in next season?

Don't we have a couple of guys considered shooters coming in next season?

Jeff Reid from Kansas is the shooter coming in but we lose Kevin so still have just one legit outside threat unless the Australian guard turns out to be a shooter as well. You have Femi coming off of redshirt but he's not a shooter either. How can a motion based offense be successful without multiple quality shooters?

I don't know if this offense is currently any better or worse than the prior two. What I do know is that Kevin Lisch is getting A LOT of open shots in Majerus's current offense and is missing A LOT of open shots. I don't blame that on Rick. I also don't know how you can compare the offenses from Brad's last two seasons against Rick's first two when Rick didn't have the benefit of SLU's best offensive big man in 15 years.

fade away threes as the shot clock is expiring or spin move jumpers in the lane with a pf charging at you are not really open shots imo. lisch and liddell are working like crazy to get looks now compared to pre rickma.

I think Majerus has thrown a lot of different ways to attack you and is the most sophisticated we have seen since Spoon. However, I liked Brad's runner-blocker offense his 1st 2 years even though the scores were low, because they maximized their offensive potential playing at a slower pace and really working to keep turnovers down. His last 2 years when the offense focused on Ian, could have been a little more sophisticated and turnovers were high. I didn't like Romar's approach at all - he seemed to run the same pattern about 90% of the time.

someone needs to point out the sophistication in what we are doing. i dont see it. i see a lot of running clock with no progress to the basket and then all too often a hurried shot to beat the shot clock.

Maybe this can help.....

“There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.”

---Coach Bobby Finstock, of the Beacon Town Beavers basketball team

fade away threes as the shot clock is expiring or spin move jumpers in the lane with a pf charging at you are not really open shots imo. lisch and liddell are working like crazy to get looks now compared to pre rickma.

I think you are watching the through your Lischious-colored glasses. The kid has taken and missed more wide open three this season than in any other in his career.

Jeff Reid from Kansas is the shooter coming in but we lose Kevin so still have just one legit outside threat unless the Australian guard turns out to be a shooter as well. You have Femi coming off of redshirt but he's not a shooter either. How can a motion based offense be successful without multiple quality shooters?

In my boredom this afternoon, I decided to see how Reid was doing. Sound like he's playing pretty well.

Reid, Hund Lead Hayden Past Perry