Stephan Curry shut out

willie

Loyola[MD] held Stephan Curry scoreless last night. The only problem is they lost by 30 points. Loyola coach Jimmy Patsos played a triangle and 2 the whole game. Curry just stood in the corner and Davidson played the whole game 4 on 3. Curry only shot the ball 3 times. Way to go coach Patsos you have your priorities right, you shut out Stephan Curry.

Loyola[MD] held Stephan Curry scoreless last night. The only problem is they lost by 30 points. Loyola coach Jimmy Patsos played a triangle and 2 the whole game. Curry just stood in the corner and Davidson played the whole game 4 on 3. Curry only shot the ball 3 times. Way to go coach Patsos you have your priorities right, you shut out Stephan Curry.

didn't something similar happen to Bird back in the day?

I remember Soderberg successfully shutting someone down and winning by using a triangle and two defense once a few years ago. He credited his father for the idea, as he always used 'gimmick' defenses back in the day in Wisconsin. Does anyone remember who he did this against?

I remember Soderberg successfully shutting someone down and winning by using a triangle and two defense once a few years ago. He credited his father for the idea, as he always used 'gimmick' defenses back in the day in Wisconsin. Does anyone remember who he did this against?

We did it against Adam Morrison when Gonzaga played us here but we lost that game. Im not sure if any other game stands out.

I have no problem with gimmick defense's,in fact I wish coaches would change looks more often. The difference here is Curry evidently just stood in the corner, and 2 Loyola players stood with him not playing defense. Also when you lose by 30 you change up.

We did it against Adam Morrison when Gonzaga played us here but we lost that game. Im not sure if any other game stands out.

Yeah, I guess that might be it. We held him about 10 points under his average but he still scored a few big buckets late and they won by 3.

I could have sworn we used it another time and won, but maybe I'm mistaken. I think back to the studs we played and we always had someone able to shut them down- Fisher on Wade, for example.

Thanks for the refresher.

I have no problem with gimmick defense's,in fact I wish coaches would change looks more often. The difference here is Curry evidently just stood in the corner, and 2 Loyola players stood with him not playing defense. Also when you lose by 30 you change up.

I agree, I've been looking for RM to change his look up a bit also. Maybe, some Mutton chop sideburns.