Excitement abounds

slu72

No, when Cassity would sub in for the pf, Liddell would slide over to pf as he's done every other year when the Billikens want to play quicker. You wouldnt lose any size because Liddell is only an inch shorter that Eberhart, if that, and Cassity only an inch shorter than Liddell. I thought you would put that together.

I like your enthusiasm for the team and for Cassity but he's not a 4 and should never play 4. You said Cassity could sub at 4 and I took exception. Might TL3 play some 4 this year? He did last year and 3 out of our 4 bigs are freshman so, sure, TL3 is most likely going to see some 4. I think the issue is who gets the minutes at 3 when TL3 sits for those 10 minutes per game? I think it will depend on matchups. Can Cassity guard the opposing 3? John is more physically mature and ready to guard a D1 SF. But I am sure Kyle will find himself at times playing the 3 for short bursts. It'll all be a work in progress IMHO.

BTW, I can't really take exception with David's assertion from analyzing the schedule that the Bills will be a 20 win team. One can quibble but it was fair. That said, we fired Brad Soderberg after a 20 win season against a schedule that was probably better than this one. 20 wins with our 2008-2009 schedule means no post season. Next year, our team will be even younger losing our top two scorers. RM said when he came to SLU that it would be a 5 year job to build the program. I just figured a $1 million coach would make it happen quicker. Silly me. I like what Rick is building but am disappointed we will be a middle of the road team this season and probably next. As we always say, it's not easy being a Billikens fan.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

RM said when he came to SLU that it would be a 5 year job to build the program. I just figured a $1 million coach would make it happen quicker. Silly me. I like what Rick is building but am disappointed we will be a middle of the road team this season and probably next. As we always say, it's not easy being a Billikens fan.

jj, i have been beaten beyond recognition for writing such. good luck.

I like your enthusiasm for the team and for Cassity but he's not a 4 and should never play 4. You said Cassity could sub at 4 and I took exception. Might TL3 play some 4 this year? He did last year and 3 out of our 4 bigs are freshman so, sure, TL3 is most likely going to see some 4. I think the issue is who gets the minutes at 3 when TL3 sits for those 10 minutes per game? I think it will depend on matchups. Can Cassity guard the opposing 3? John is more physically mature and ready to guard a D1 SF. But I am sure Kyle will find himself at times playing the 3 for short bursts. It'll all be a work in progress IMHO.

BTW, I can't really take exception with David's assertion from analyzing the schedule that the Bills will be a 20 win team. One can quibble but it was fair. That said, we fired Brad Soderberg after a 20 win season against a schedule that was probably better than this one. 20 wins with our 2008-2009 schedule means no post season. Next year, our team will be even younger losing our top two scorers. RM said when he came to SLU that it would be a 5 year job to build the program. I just figured a $1 million coach would make it happen quicker. Silly me. I like what Rick is building but am disappointed we will be a middle of the road team this season and probably next. As we always say, it's not easy being a Billikens fan.

JJ. What is the basis behind your expectations that we would be a better team by now? Instead of blaming RM or others, have you considered that your expectations are not based in reality?

Michelangelo couldn't have sculpted David out of sand

He could have if he would have tried to get enough local sand, if he would have been nicer to some of the less attractive sand, if he would would have had opened up the studio for his fans to come in watch the dirty work, and if he would have made enough time to talk to the local scribes everyday.