Jonathan Smith Verbals to SLU

SluSignGuy

Guest BillikenReport

Nate, whats your opinion of Wiss, and who do you think will be some of the stronger high school basketball teams in the area this year?

I think I've said several times I like Wiss and his potential. I remember him as a 6-5 eighth grader. At the SLU Elite Camp, he showed OK against some decent bigs, including Gonzaga commit Sam Dower and Ivo Baltic. He needs to continue to improve, just like everybody else. I don't know if he has any D-1 offers or not, but he should. I've always seen him as a guy with the raw skills to be a nice player in a couple years, so I think he'd be a good fit for a mid-major type program that can redshirt him and work with him and get him stronger.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I found this on the ESPN recruiting site:

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/recruiting/...tory?id=2639514

It talks about how the grading system is now different than in the past. So J-Smith's grade is not on the same level as all of the past recruits.

Nate, I may have missed it, but in quickly reading the article I didn't see where it says they recently changed their rating system. In fact, I recall reading a similar explanation of their system a year or two ago.

i think i would take my chances with a roster full of 87-89's

on a slightly different note it would be huige if we could open up a pipeline in ohio. Rivals lists us as recruiting Allen Payne who looks to be a good player.

Ummmmm...I'm not saying he shouldn't have been offered. I believe I typed something about letting RM pick his guys.

I guuess in a sense were making the same points then. If Majerus thinks hes good dont worry about what scout.com thinks because a lot of these players have blown up after majerus started likin em

Considered is the key word. He was never offered a scholly. I'm thrilled to have this kid but it would be a mistake if anybody said we stole him from X (not saying you did).

A nice pick up for SLU. Seems to fill a need, which is always nice to do, as opposed to stockpiling players at one position.

I don't recall if X offered him a scholarship or not. We've only got two (if you think Derrick Brown is going Pro after this year) or one left for 2009.

A nice pick up for SLU. Seems to fill a need, which is always nice to do, as opposed to stockpiling players at one position.

I don't recall if X offered him a scholarship or not. We've only got two (if you think Derrick Brown is going Pro after this year) or one left for 2009.

http://www.nbadraft.net/

I know these projections are going to change a lot by the time the draft rolls around, but they project Derrick Brown to be selected on the fringe of the lottery. I'm curious to see how much he blows up this year- or doesn't. It's his team now and their success this year will have a lot to do with how he responds to the challenge. But unlike Liddell or Lisch on our team, he's surrounded with solid depth at every position.