forgotten possible target recruit

jeremy felton will be a sophomore at mineral area. this young man is just a flat out stud. the fact he had to go to a juco of course brings up academic concerns and the fact that former mi$$ouri player, corey tate is the head coach of course also doesnt bode well. i wonder if there is any word on jeremy's inclination?

I've met and talked to Corey Tate, and I'm fairly confident that he has no ill will towards SLU. If SLU wants one of his players and said player is interested in SLU and there are no other "obviously better" schools in the mix, he'll encourage the player to attend SLU. He can't send them all to Missouri.

jeremy felton will be a sophomore at mineral area. this young man is just a flat out stud. the fact he had to go to a juco of course brings up academic concerns and the fact that former mi$$ouri player, corey tate is the head coach of course also doesnt bode well. i wonder if there is any word on jeremy's inclination?

Let's start shutting the door on recruits because of who's coaching them. :P

Let's start shutting the door on recruits because of who's coaching them. :P

I think you and I both know that an advisor/coach can have a significant impact on where a player attends college. Luckily, Thicks says that won't necessarily be the case here.

What position does the kid play? I remember hearing his name, but can't recall our interest level. Was there any? Was it mutual?

I think you and I both know that an advisor/coach can have a significant impact on where a player attends college. Luckily, Thicks says that won't necessarily be the case here.

What position does the kid play? I remember hearing his name, but can't recall our interest level. Was there any? Was it mutual?

he is an extremely athletic power forward. probably only 6'6" tall though. in high school his out court skills werent anything above average though. it is all about the high wire act with jeremy.

we had no interest because there was no way he was going to qualify. and he had no d-1 interest for the same reason that i am aware of.

he could have went to indian hills but wanted to stay closer to home.

Tate has a good record and no "warts" that I can find. I wouldn't reject a player because of him.

Jeremy told me today that he was going to look at siu this friday.

Did he say SLU was showing interest?

No. I did tell him I would have to cheer against him when he played the bills. Sounds like SIU is on him pretty tight. Tate said he was contacted about the assistant position at SLU.

Thanks. Perhaps it's a case of a former Tiger not wanting to be associated with the Bills. Who knows?

Rich Grawer was an assistant (unpaid) to Norm Stewart preparing himself to be eligible to coach at SLU

Didn't respond. Wanted to stay at MAC.

I don't buy that for a second. No JUCO coach doesn't respond to a D-1 coaching chance. It just doesn't happen, especially with what SLU is paying now. Might he have investigated and decided he was not intrested at this thim? Yes, but there is no way he didn't respond.

Dude, are you crazy? Roy and his band of anonymous boyfriends will pop a cap in your arse for even thinking about letting an ex-tiger on campus. You might get lucky. He might be too busy asking bernie out for donuts to read your post.

You are an idiot. Nobody would have a problem with Corey coaching here if he would help the program.

I don't buy that for a second. No JUCO coach doesn't respond to a D-1 coaching chance. It just doesn't happen, especially with what SLU is paying now. Might he have investigated and decided he was not intrested at this thim? Yes, but there is no way he didn't respond.

You are an idiot. Nobody would have a problem with Corey coaching here if he would help the program.

Good to know you speak for everyone. There are people on this board that hate the tigers so much they wouldn't want Corey here.

if corey tate would become a billiken asst coach i would consider that the ultimate victory between the two programs. a successful juco coach picking his alma mater's geographic rival to coach at. and if corey brought felton with him in the deal all the better. nothing could be sweeter than to slap the tiger$ with a theft of an alumni.

if corey tate would become a billiken asst coach i would consider that the ultimate victory between the two programs. a successful juco coach picking his alma mater's geographic rival to coach at. and if corey brought felton with him in the deal all the better. nothing could be sweeter than to slap the tiger$ with a theft of an alumni.

Sounds like a win win. The tiger fans would be happy he got a job and a chance to prove himself at a lesser school. They would also figure that they could hire him away at any time. Bills fans happy. Tiger fans happy.

Sounds like a win win. The tiger fans would be happy he got a job and a chance to prove himself at a lesser school. They would also figure that they could hire him away at any time. Bills fans happy. Tiger fans happy.

boy you really let your stripes show on that post!

Who cares?

I post how I feel the average tiger fan would feel about Corey coming to SLU. Roy thinks it shows a Tiger bias. I want to know how he thinks they would feel. How does a "real" SLU fan think they would feel? That is the point of the question. Sorry, you have trouble keeping up. And I thought tiger fans were slow.