Former Area Standout

After checking out his stat line I feel the same way. It is very unimpressive for a guy that played 21.6 min per game and started 23 games he avg 1/3 FG made, 0.7 of 2.3 3PTM / attempt, 1 AST, 0.4 STL, 0.8 REB. The year before he avg 2.8 AST / game but he had a game with 10 AST so that could inflate the avg.

After checking out his stat line I feel the same way. It is very unimpressive for a guy that played 21.6 min per game and started 23 games he avg 1/3 FG made, 0.7 of 2.3 3PTM / attempt, 1 AST, 0.4 STL, 0.8 REB. The year before he avg 2.8 AST / game but he had a game with 10 AST so that could inflate the avg.

A bomb, not calling you out but did you ever watch Miami play? Alex clearly didn't fit the scheme and as soon as he made one mistake Coach Coles had him pulled. Also, he was the starting point guard on their NCAA team so he could bring some much needed experience. If we can't land a Juco guard and big man I would love to see Moosmann come here.

Disclaimer: I am the biggest Borgia Homer on this board.

The coach at Miami seems to have had Alex on a very tight leash. Miami's style of play is very slow and deliberate. I don't think Alex was ever given the kind of "green light" at Miami that he was accustomed to in HS. Anyone who saw him play in HS would tell you that he is a solid player--at least the equal of Paul Eckerle in most aspects of his game. I have no idea what his plans are, and he would obviously have to sit out a year to play at SLU, but his statistics at Miami, in my view, are misleadling.

I'll admit that I have no information whatsoever on Moosman's potential transfer from Miami or where he will end up, but consider this. Moosman went to Borgia. So did Luke Meyer and Paul Eckerle. Majerus loved Luke and seemed to really like Eckerle this year. I've never seen Moosman play, but if he is the kind of team first, hard working kind of player that Luke and Paul are, then it really wouldn't surprise me to see Alex transfer to SLU, provided that Majerus doesn't have another player in mind after Harrelson.

Let's just say for instance that Harrelson and Moosman were to come to SLU. It would actually be a help from a scholarship distribution, as it would give us 3players in the class of 2011, as we currently have only Eckerle due to Relphorde, Mitchell, and Maguire leaving.

I've never seen Mooseman play so I don't know what scheme he fits. He did play the entire 40 min once in 06-07 at least from his bio and he had some impressive games that year. However, the overall numbers are really abysmall for someone playing 21 min/game. Playing 21 min and only taking 3 shots or only taking 2.3 3PT shots in 21 min. that is Dwayne Polk-like numbers. As a guard he should have more shooting opportunities than that no matter the scheme.

We have had a good track record so far with guys from Borgia.

I too have concerns about balancing out the classes but we need guys that can produce not just bodies.

As a guard he should have more shooting opportunities than that no matter the scheme.

Not true in the Miami offensive scheme--getting an open shot for the PG is way down the list of options...the same was true for driving the lane...he had a lot of minutes because he had the discipline to play in the style his coach required. If he deviated one bit from his designated role, he would get pulled out. Just my observation.

Don't need him. With Eckerle, Cotto and Mitchell on board, we have three point guard types. With Lisch, Liddell, Cassity, John and Conklin on board, we have four guys sharing the minutes possibly at the two or three. Where would Moosman play? Either the 1 or the 2. And, if he transfers, he sits out a year making him a sophomore with all the above sans Eckerle (with Lisch and LIddell graduating). I'd like to see more front court depth coming in. We don't know what Eberhardt really brings and the other three (cross referencing Conklin here as well) bring. Some have already said redshirt and project when referring to Reed so who really knows.

I'd throw Ben Hansborough in the same review. Would rather take my chances on a kid who signed here with Majerus first then some kids trying to come home after one-year sabbaticals.

[quote name='Majerus Magic' Alex Moosmann is leaving Miami (OH) and is looking at SLU as a possible destination.

This was his freshman year Miami Ohio end banquet from the local paper-what happened soph year did he get recruited over?

2006-07 Men's Basketball Postseason Awards freshman year

Most Assists: Alex Moosmann

Arthur & Olga Adkins Freshman of the Year: Alex Moosmann

Comparing him on our team PE would be freshman of year by default- but I don't think he had any other stats better than Danny Brown or even Polk except slightly

better shooter than DP and easily deserves to get minutes as a walk on; but unless he improves over summer and plays in Europe like Lisch did on the

Christian team after his frosh year will we see a better Eckerle? It's like rooting for Re;phorde's shots to fall. They got minutes because we had to give the starters breathers. Eckerle has a motor like the energizer bunny but his shooting, size, speed just don't make him Luke Meyer or Clagget

after looking at his size and stats

He is a practse player and the Borgia, Washington Mo people would know if we need another Eckerle-they both shot .320 which is not good enough

Alex Moosmann  #4  G

2007-08 STATS

PPG APG 3P% RPG BPG SPG

3 1 .320 0.8 0 0.4

Birth Place Washington, MO

Height 6-0

Weight 174 lbs.

Position G

Experience 2 years

Class Sophomore

Game Log

Photos

Season Averages

SEASON MIN PTS REB AST TO A/T STL BLK PF FG% FT% 3P% PPS

2006-2007 25.6 4.3 1.1 2.8 1.9 1.42 .5 .0 2.0 .403 .846 .347 1.20

2007-2008 21.6 3.0 .8 1.0 .8 1.32 .4 .0 1.6 .308 .625 .320 .94

Season Totals Rebounds  

SEASON GP MIN FG FGA FTM FTA 3PM 3PA PTS OFF DEF TOT AST TO STL BLK PF

2006-2007 33 844 48 119 22 26 25 72 143 2 35 37 91 64 15 0 67

2007-2008 33 714 32 104 10 16 24 75 98 3 25 28 33 25 14 1 52

Not true in the Miami offensive scheme--getting an open shot for the PG is way down the list of options...

The guy only had 1.8 AST/Game if I remember correctly. It's hard to see him taking min away from Cotto/Mitchell/Eckerle after they've played a year in the system. Now Ben Hansbrough who averages 10 ppg in the SEC as a Sophomore, I'd take that.

The guy only had 1.8 AST/Game if I remember correctly. It's hard to see him taking min away from Cotto/Mitchell/Eckerle after they've played a year in the system. Now Ben Hansbrough who averages 10 ppg in the SEC as a Sophomore, I'd take that.

It appears that Alex has narrowed his decision to either Drury or SLU. He is leaning towards Drury so he won't have to sit out is what I was told.

It appears that Alex has narrowed his decision to either Drury or SLU. He is leaning towards Drury so he won't have to sit out is what I was told.

Interesting choices. I believe Eckerle narrowed it down to the same two when he made his decision.