SLU at UNCC

TheA_Bomb

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

lisch in deed played badly on the offensive end (he actually played goldwire pretty good as he held him to 11 and 4 of his points were at the end of the game).

imo we really got homered. 24 (slu) - 12 (charlotte) fouls. charlotte made more free throws than we shot. the two travels on eberhardt were horrible calls.

have we ever been the benefit recipient of a nite of over the top homer calls like that? i cant remember a single game that one sided.

i am doubting we still would have won, but it definitely stopped a number of our comeback attempts.

just an ugly game.

lisch in deed played badly on the offensive end (he actually played goldwire pretty good as he held him to 11 and 4 of his points were at the end of the game).

imo we really got homered. 24 (slu) - 12 (charlotte) fouls. charlotte made more free throws than we shot. the two travels on eberhardt were horrible calls.

have we ever been the benefit recipient of a nite of over the top homer calls like that? i cant remember a single game that one sided.

i am doubting we still would have won, but it definitely stopped a number of our comeback attempts.

just an ugly game.

The officiating as usual in this conference was horrible. Charlotte getting to the line 17 times in the first half compared to our 6 is inexcusable. What ever the league is paying, it is too much.

just an ugly game.

This was a winnable game.. but guys just gave up when they realized that everything was going against them..

The officiating as usual in this conference was horrible. Charlotte getting to the line 17 times in the first half compared to our 6 is inexcusable. What ever the league is paying, it is too much.

the last three minutes of the first half was just amazing. charlotte just kept shooting free throws after the hideous fouls being called. i like refs to call fouls, but call them both ways.

in the second half, two of those ugly three's that kevin threw up were hacks. nothing. eberhardt was pretty much molested every time he got the ball in the middle with no sign of a whistle.

i will say this, rickma rarely works the refs. he is so tuned into watching his players execute it seems. while the likes of lutz is crying the entire game. hey maybe it isnt right, but fight fire with fire.

It is all about the A-10. St. Louis is a cow town team to them, they do not want us outsiders to beat their boys. It is real.

This was a winnable game.. but guys just gave up when they realized that everything was going against them..

I think the boys just wore down. Once Charlotte realized that getting the ball into the post meant an automatic foul, they kept at it. It was a physical game but only one team was punished for being physical.

It is all about the A-10. St. Louis is a cow town team to them, they do not want us outsiders to beat their boys. It is real.

Agree with everyone on how bad the officiating was in this one. We never even made it to 1-1 in either half yet they shot 2 almost the entire last 10 minutes of both halves. There was one stretch after we got it close in the 2nd half where they called 2 cheapies on our big men who were standing straight up, then Luke took it to the hole, gets clobbered, no foul and Charlotte came down and hit a 3. Basically, that was the ballgame.

Roy is right that we NEVER get that kind of one sided officiating in conference play. We've certainly had some buy games where the refs helped us out but its becoming rarer and rarer for even those.

Hopefully we'll get professional crew for St. Joes on Thursday since the game is on ESPN2.

Agree with everyone on how bad the officiating was in this one. We never even made it to 1-1 in either half yet they shot 2 almost the entire last 10 minutes of both halves. There was one stretch after we got it close in the 2nd half where they called 2 cheapies on our big men who were standing straight up, then Luke took it to the hole, gets clobbered, no foul and Charlotte came down and hit a 3. Basically, that was the ballgame.

Roy is right that we NEVER get that kind of one sided officiating in conference play. We've certainly had some buy games where the refs helped us out but its becoming rarer and rarer for even those.

Hopefully we'll get professional crew for St. Joes on Thursday since the game is on ESPN2.

My guess is Kitts will be on the crew. For some reason the A-10 thinks he is top flight. If he is doing the game, it won't be good news for us.

the last three minutes of the first half was just amazing. charlotte just kept shooting free throws after the hideous fouls being called. i like refs to call fouls, but call them both ways.

in the second half, two of those ugly three's that kevin threw up were hacks. nothing. eberhardt was pretty much molested every time he got the ball in the middle with no sign of a whistle.

i will say this, rickma rarely works the refs. he is so tuned into watching his players execute it seems. while the likes of lutz is crying the entire game. hey maybe it isnt right, but fight fire with fire.

I really felt bad for Kevin. The Charlotte fans (mostily from the student section) had been on him big time 'after a 3pt attempted air ball' every time he touched the ball.

I have to give the Charlotte fans credit, they a knowledgeable fans and know that Kevin gets going it could been a long night for them. They probably remember the last time Bills visited the Halton two yrs. ago which I witnessed, Kevin was on fire with 20+ points.