An open letter to Bryce Husak

philliken

Boy was I off-base. Recently I 'challenged' Bryce's effort, heart, and ability. I even "bashed" him by calling him lazy at points. Well Mr. Husak of Mt. Vernon, IA, I am sorry. I was at the game tonight as usual, and I hate to admit that when you first started to shoot from the outside, I was pessimistic.

I have NEVER in my life been happier to eat my own words. Believe me, I attempted to be the loudest as you got your standing ovation tonight; an ovation you most certainly deserved! I apologize for the public criticism, and congratulate you on your game. Keep up the good work.

That was a fun game. I love this team. I talk a lot of crap about Bryce and Dwayne, and rightfully so, I believe. It's always about them as basketball players though, and never as people. I think they defined themselves remarkably last night by coming out of the gate saying PISS ON GW and PISS ON anyone that mocked this team for the prior encounter. Their confidence showed in their play and I salute them for it. Great game, gentlemen. I hope they split the game ball and took Dwayne's kids out for ice cream and comic books after. I think it would be hilarious to see a 7-foot white guy and a 5'9" black guy walking around w/ two (three? i can't remember) toddlers like an inverse Rob and Big. My best friend in high school was a 5'3" black guy named Rob, and I was 6'4", so pretty similar situation.

how many of us were thinking of coach gary's board bashing when bryce was going crazy last night? i know i was.

i was in fact thinking, "well gary said kevin cant shoot free throws and since gary said that, kevin hasnt missed one, and last week he just tears into bryce and bryce now looks like dirk nowitski!"

maybe we can get gary to pick out a player to rip up prior to every game? or maybe if we had gary give the team a motivational talk before every game. i cant imagine how effective he would be in person if he is having this effect third hand on an internet message board!

how many of us were thinking of coach gary's board bashing when bryce was going crazy last night? i know i was.

i was in fact thinking, "well gary said kevin cant shoot free throws and since gary said that, kevin hasnt missed one, and last week he just tears into bryce and bryce now looks like dirk nowitski!"

maybe we can get gary to pick out a player to rip up prior to every game? or maybe if we had gary give the team a motivational talk before every game. i cant imagine how effective he would be in person if he is having this effect third hand on an internet message board!

Indeed I was hoping he'd bash Dustin, who'd then tear off that redshirt, check into a game, and transform into Travis Deiner. C'mon Gary! Time to call Barry to account! Piss on Tommie's leg too while you are at it!

Rammer brought up Gary's call twice during the game last night and once during the broadcast from Iggy's. Suprised ole Gary isn't around this morning to take the heat. On second thought, maybe I'm not.

In the shoe section there were several chants of GARY after Bryce hit his second.