Majerus Show Today

kshoe

Roy, I will admit I was wrong on the free throws, but please stop your man crush on him.

I have a man crush on him, too. I think everyone has a crush on Kevin. Chicks, dudes, hell, maybe even his sisters. He's a stud. Don't be surprised if Majerus gets pinged by the NCAA for taking Kevin out to Ted Drewes, even if no one dies.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

red bud plays a small school schedule. no cotto or thompson on the schedule. racking my brain trying to figure out an opponent player that would be worthy. the only thing i can think of is phil kunz at wesclin who is a 6'7" freshman at wesclin that has loads of potential. has wing skills and might grow some more besides being big already. phil's dad played for the flying illini teams i think in the late 80's early 90's. plus he is well coached by brent brede at wesclin.

my younger brother just sent me a note on the above subject he wrote me:

"Majerus was at Chester not Red Bud to watch Chester vs. Pinckneyville. I think the player he was looking at was Kyle Cassity Sr. 23 6'6" 185 G from Pinckneyville".

so basically, rickma didnt know what town he was in. that said, chester is a haul to go watch small school basketball! chester is just across the river from perryville.

"Majerus was at Chester not Red Bud to watch Chester vs. Pinckneyville. I think the player he was looking at was Kyle Cassity Sr. 23 6'6" 185 G from Pinckneyville".

so basically, rickma didnt know what town he was in. that said, chester is a haul to go watch small school basketball! chester is just across the river from perryville.

I know it's a lot of work, but RM strikes me as the type of coach that would love to drive to nowhere Midwestville, USA to watch small school basketball.

I always mix that up. Chester is the one with the feed shop on the left and the two bars on the right; Red Bud is the other way around. The best way to do it after dark is to look in the two bars -- if Whitey's in one of them, you're in Red Bud.

joe the sad part is that apparently rickma was looking for a place to eat. and if he was in chester he was fairly close to murphysboro and he coulda had that great barbq. he should take me and you along on those trips to help him on that stuff.

For some reason, coach has a hardon for Gary and offerend him his tickets...which he's done before. I'm sure if coach knew Gary was starting threads called "Hu-SUCKS", he would have a different opinion. I was tempted to add that onto my email question, but figured it would be kinda weak.

The only reason Gary gets to waste everyone's time on the show is because nobody else calls in. We all need to call on monday and give them a few more options to chose from.

Bryce can shoot, it's a fact... If he is open he would be wrong not to take it.

"Who on this team knows how to follow a shot. No one. Does someone yell fire when the ball is in the air becuse we clear out and head the other way. Instead of seeing if their will be a rebound chance."

This is a very accurate description of our team.

We do this to avoid giving up fast break points. We don't score many but we give up far less and that is part of our defensive style, slow the pace of the game. If it means giving up some boards then so be it.

It is fascinating listening to Majerus. You never know where the next tangent is going. The only thing that is a little frustrating is that they can't get to more questions, because RM's answers are so long.

He was extremely complimentary of the kids and had some great things to say about the seniors, so we can stop this nonsense that RM says mean things about the kids and that he was "throwing away" this season. He's trying to squeeze as much as he can out of this year's team and he is pleased with the progress that is being made.

In addition to what kshoe mentioned, RM had some other interesting recruiting references. He said there was a recruit at the Richmond game who he described as an "ubelievable" talent. The kid had dreadlocks because his mom was talking about getting them cut off. Nate, is this Tre Lee? I believe he is from Virginia, so that would make sense. Also, he talked about the point guard(s) who are coming in helping TM and KL with their ability to set up more scoring opportunities. I took this to mean the possibility of Cotto coming in with KM. He also said having a low post presence next year would really benefit TL and KL. He talked about the types of personal qualities he looks for in recruits. RM also threw out that he wanted to sign a kid out of Minnesota and he also went to a game in Red Bud recently to watch a recruit.

Is the "nonsense" you're talking about when people took the direct quote from Majerus at the beginning of the season "if I had to win this year I'd do things differently."? By December RM changed his tune and three games ago he announced that he was simplifying his system to help.

I think we're all aware now that RM regularly talks out of ample arse during interviews. We all know that RM will win eventually at SLU. Some of us still cared about THIS season, while others felt like it didn't matter. It's good to see things coming together at this point. I think the last 3 games have been the most consistent we've seen all year. Let's keep it rolling.

Go Bills!

Here are the DI Jesuit schools:

1. SLU

2. Xavier

3. Creighton

4. Loyola-Chicago

5. Detroit

6. Boston College

7. Georgetown

8. Santa Clara

9. Gonzaga

10. Loyola-Marymount

12. San Francisco

13. St. Joe's

14. Loyola-Maryland

15. St. Peter's

16. Fordham

17. Canisius

18. Holy Cross

19. Fairfield

20. Marquette

Non-DI Jebbies:

Rockhurst

John Carroll

Spring Hill

LeMoyne

Loyola-New Orleans

Regis

Seattle

Scranton

Wheeling Jesuit

Things will change because of the new arena - not RM and/or Fr. Biondi. Here's an example of a SLU phone conversation:

Hello, ____ Jesuit school. This is SLU calling. We'd like to schedule a few basketball games with you.

Oh, great, you'd like that too?

December 15, 2011 at your place and December 21, 2012 at ours?

Oh, sorry, we cannot commit to anything until 8 months before the start of the upcoming Blues schedule.

Yes, we understand you cannot wait that long. Great talking with you.

Oh, by the way, have been reading "Games Wanted" on the Net. Do you have the phone number for Houston since they also cannot make a schedule and we need to fill games ASAP.