In Need of Some Season Ticket Holder Advice

Pistol

So I'm living in Cincinnati until my gf finishes law school (May 2010), but I'm already pushing her to come back to St. Louis when she finishes. My first order of business when and if I get back to St. Louis is SLU season tickets in the new Arena.

To the season ticket holders and/or Billiken Club members out there, what would your advice for me be? Should I join the Billiken Club now? Do I need to jump in on season tickets for next season and take the hit for 2 seasons just to secure them for the future? If I don't pour my money into season tickets I can only use a few times a year now, will any be available for the 2010-2011 season?

So I'm living in Cincinnati until my gf finishes law school (May 2010), but I'm already pushing her to come back to St. Louis when she finishes. My first order of business when and if I get back to St. Louis is SLU season tickets in the new Arena.

To the season ticket holders and/or Billiken Club members out there, what would your advice for me be? Should I join the Billiken Club now? Do I need to jump in on season tickets for next season and take the hit for 2 seasons just to secure them for the future? If I don't pour my money into season tickets I can only use a few times a year now, will any be available for the 2010-2011 season?

All depends on how good we get. I doubt season tics will be sold out next year but if we have a great year I'd think its possible they'll be sold out for the next year...

I would go ahead and join the Billiken Club and then see what kind of tickets you can get once you move back. It's going to be awfully expensive to maintain season tickets for a couple of years while you're not here, unless you think you could somehow sell them off and recoup part of your investment.

And you can always put me down as a referral to the Billiken Club. ;)

i agree with box. join the billiken club to start acumulating priority points asap. you will always leap ahead of the knuckleheads that are just going to refuse to donate because they think being in some ticket cartel for 30 years should be worth something and on principle wont join. plus, if the season tix do sell out, i would assume a waiting list would be created and that would only push you higher on that list.

if you cant find box's name to put down as referral, my name is roy mueller. ;):lol: you can use that and i will pay box back later. ;)

Pistol,

I live in Chicago and am not sure whether or not I will move back to STL but I joined the Billiken Club last year, renewed this year and bought season tickets this year. Let me give you my rationale:

1) I think the new arena is going to sell out every game - it is a smaller arena than Scottrade and I think there is a lot of buzz about the team. I also think Majerus is going to be able to bring some more recruits and the quality of the program will increase. With that being said it will be harder and harder to get tix. I didn't want to miss out on the opportunity.

2) My understanding is that my Billiken Club membership and subsequent arena fees are aproximately 80% tax deductible. That isn't bad -

3) I have sold most of my season tickets and gotten face value. I only have had to eat a couple of games. For me this is good enough.

So my advice - join the billiken club and get your tickets now - I think there will be a market to get rid of the games you can't go to.

Official Billikens.com sponsor of Kevin Shortal

Pistol,

I live in Chicago and am not sure whether or not I will move back to STL but I joined the Billiken Club last year, renewed this year and bought season tickets this year. Let me give you my rationale:

1) I think the new arena is going to sell out every game - it is a smaller arena than Scottrade and I think there is a lot of buzz about the team. I also think Majerus is going to be able to bring some more recruits and the quality of the program will increase. With that being said it will be harder and harder to get tix. I didn't want to miss out on the opportunity.

2) My understanding is that my Billiken Club membership and subsequent arena fees are aproximately 80% tax deductible. That isn't bad -

3) I have sold most of my season tickets and gotten face value. I only have had to eat a couple of games. For me this is good enough.

So my advice - join the billiken club and get your tickets now - I think there will be a market to get rid of the games you can't go to.

So do you put each set of game tix up online (craigslist or somewhere like that), or do you have an arrangement with someone? I wouldn't be opposed to getting season tickets for next year, eating the seat license cost, and finding someone who just wants the season tickets for a couple years. That way, I don't eat the games and have a spot waiting for me when I return.

Also, this may be a dumb question, but the seat license is an every year cost, right? If it's one and done, that would be great, but I'm not counting on it.

I was leaning toward Box and Roy's advice, but you're making me nervous. I don't want to be stuck on some waiting list like a hopeless Green Bay Packer fan, waiting for people to give up seats or die off (though I don't think it would ever be close to that situation).

pistol, maybe you should write out the scenarios and then talk to slu. i.e.

if you only join the billiken club, and then 3 years from now move to the area, are you able to jump ahead of current season ticket holders that have less points than you?

is there a planned redrawing of seats down the road which would enable you to get in line?

they have always been honest about how the rules work and what the prospects are to me.

btw, unless slu has been lying about the number of season tickets sold, i believe that if they dont sell out next year, it will be darn close.

So do you put each set of game tix up online (craigslist or somewhere like that), or do you have an arrangement with someone? I wouldn't be opposed to getting season tickets for next year, eating the seat license cost, and finding someone who just wants the season tickets for a couple years. That way, I don't eat the games and have a spot waiting for me when I return.

Also, this may be a dumb question, but the seat license is an every year cost, right? If it's one and done, that would be great, but I'm not counting on it.

I was leaning toward Box and Roy's advice, but you're making me nervous. I don't want to be stuck on some waiting list like a hopeless Green Bay Packer fan, waiting for people to give up seats or die off (though I don't think it would ever be close to that situation).

The seat license is basically just an annual Billiken Club donation - you'l have to make it every year in addition to the cost of your seats.

For instance, I signed up for two red seats, so each year I'll have to pay $450 per ticket + $150 per ticket BC donation - a total of $1,200.

The seat license is basically just an annual Billiken Club donation - you'l have to make it every year in addition to the cost of your seats.

For instance, I signed up for two red seats, so each year I'll have to pay $450 per ticket + $150 per ticket BC donation - a total of $1,200.

There are also non seat fees tix but then you will have to join the BC some other way - either way they are going to get something out of you besides the tix cost. I agree - join the club now - you will get credit for the whole year and then you can wait and see what is happening with how season tix are going. If you were in StL I would advise you as others have to buy something now and not risk being left out. I am upgrading significantly when the arena opens because my ranking is very good and I figure I have one chance to do it and that is now.

I had season tickets last year and found I could only make about half the games. If you buck up for tickets, i would buy about 7 or 8 games from you.

So do you put each set of game tix up online (craigslist or somewhere like that), or do you have an arrangement with someone?

Pistol - right now most of my tickets have been sold via stub hub. I just try to get my $$$ back.

What I am looking at for next year is buying 2 tix and finding someone who will by all the seats from me except for the one or two games I come in for - and then he can have a tix and I take the other one...

If that doesn't materialize - I will just sell them on stubhub - I really think with demand that I will make my $$$ back

I been a member of the BC for about 12 years at the Starter and Captain level depending on my financial status when they hit me up. Since I also live out-of-town I never got season tickets. Never had a problem getting tickets through the box office. Only time I got stuck with crummy seats was the KU game during Spoon's last year.

I was surprised when Margo sent me a statement back in the Fall that my priority number was in the 600-700 range. So, joining the BC is important even if you are the lower levels.

Also, one reasons I made to a home game this season was because I know the difficulty it is going to became for a out-of-town fan like me to see a future home game in the new place. So I would be interested in maybe buying individual tickets from season ticket holder if you decide to go that route of buying season tickets.

Pistol - right now most of my tickets have been sold via stub hub. I just try to get my $$$ back.

What I am looking at for next year is buying 2 tix and finding someone who will by all the seats from me except for the one or two games I come in for - and then he can have a tix and I take the other one...

If that doesn't materialize - I will just sell them on stubhub - I really think with demand that I will make my $$$ back

I am your man. PM me.

That's pretty much the arrangement I'm looking for, too. I'm sending in my Billikens Club membership form and $ on Monday, then I'll ask around to see if someone wants to buy seats for a couple seasons as long as they're in my name and going to my Club points. If nothing materializes, I'll probably wait this year out. I'll probably also call the Billiken Club office to get their advice (which will probably be to buy tickets).

Thanks everybody for your help.

pistol, maybe you should write out the scenarios and then talk to slu. i.e.

if you only join the billiken club, and then 3 years from now move to the area, are you able to jump ahead of current season ticket holders that have less points than you?

is there a planned redrawing of seats down the road which would enable you to get in line?

they have always been honest about how the rules work and what the prospects are to me.

btw, unless slu has been lying about the number of season tickets sold, i believe that if they dont sell out next year, it will be darn close.

Roy, its my understanding that one's seat location in the new arena will be guaranteed for at least 3 years. Depending on demand they may do a re-drawing at that time but they may not. I guess Pistol could feel comfortable that if every seat was sold (i.e. he can't get in) there would likely be a re-drawing in order to raise new funds. If there are 2,000 empty seats on a normal basis I doubt they'll want to do a re-drawing so quickly because it is bound to piss off many of the current season ticket base.