Post-discrap

Hey P-D , Why do you bother to cover the billikens after all they truly are the local team. The ST. LOUIS Billikens. the post dispathch trteats the billikens as second class citizens. this is big part of the problem with peoples perceptions of us.

If pujols takes a crap that is front page news. I can just see it when we win a title Pujos eats dinner with fork in left hand , with oh yeah Billikens win title page 5. The biggest problem with this paper is they have no competition.

Hey P-D , Why do you bother to cover the billikens after all they truly are the local team. The ST. LOUIS Billikens. the post dispathch trteats the billikens as second class citizens. this is big part of the problem with peoples perceptions of us.

If pujols takes a crap that is front page news. I can just see it when we win a title Pujos eats dinner with fork in left hand , with oh yeah Billikens win title page 5. The biggest problem with this paper is they have no competition.

Nothing a few wins won't cure. This topic has been beaten to death over the past few years.

Nothing a few wins won't cure. This topic has been beaten to death over the past few years.

Yes it has, but it is an injustice.

I do not know, but I would be curious to find out how many MU grads work in the SL Post Sports dept compared to SLU grads over the years.

Yes it has, but it is an injustice.

I do not know, but I would be curious to find out how many MU grads work in the SL Post Sports dept compared to SLU grads over the years.

Does SLU have a journalism degree? I don't think so. SLU needs to win games. This whining doesn't help the cause. Geez, the "you owe us STL Post" mantra that has come from this board for the past few years hasn't gotten much for us.

Kevin, some of us are not whining, merely observing. SLU grads have manned as many editorial slots at the Wall Street Journal and local rags as Mizzou has at the P-D. It does little good to hire a HOF coach if your marketing and pr departments are still playing amateur hour. The school should be marketing the crap out of men's bball and soccer, and ladies soccer, bball, and volleyball. Even though the P-D is affectionally know as AP central amongst many friends, the sports section still has a large number of column inches that need to be generated, seven days a week. There is no shame at all in ensuring TT and co. have to exert minimal effort to produce accurate, substantial, and positive articles about SLU.

As Joe pointed out, get two or three groups of business upperclassmen in a 400 level class to run comparative analysis studies of ads, coverage, and demographics to have available when visiting the P-D. It is always easier to approach and effect change at a business by using bottom line logic than street corner begging.

While they are at it, get a marketing arm of the Blue Crew(like BCPrez!) and throw $50K at her to set up on campus marketing efforts. It has become transparently clear where the competence lies in getting students to attend the games. Pay a little through the nose to get proven butts in the seats. She has proven she has the energy, desire, and ability to connect with the huddled masses in the dorms.

Until Biondi chooses to pay attention to the small details, everything outside where the big money is spent will continue to slide. Floating along for half a year without an athletic director is par for the course at the little sisters of the poor house on Grand...

Even with The Super Bowl coverage from one of the greatest Super Bowl games ever, huge upset, etc., they still manage to squeeze KU-MU game on top left of front page...

Maybe the new AD with his background will help with this marketing issue. Lets give him a chance - it sounds like that is his strong suit and the reason they probably hired him.

Maybe the new AD with his background will help with this marketing issue. Lets give him a chance - it sounds like that is his strong suit and the reason they probably hired him.

speaking of marketing or game day promotion disasters, saturday might have been the all time worst when comparing our time out spots.

the bowlers were a disaster. the shooter once again couldnt even make it to the rim (why in the world does anyone sign up for the shot at the royal banks check if they cant even get the ball to the backboard?), the two students on the tiny bikes were painful to watch. the video deals with the card seem fake. no one in my area had a winning card on either the nascar race or the qudobo cactus thing.

if that's it, just let the band play.

speaking of marketing or game day promotion disasters, saturday might have been the all time worst when comparing our time out spots.

the bowlers were a disaster. the shooter once again couldnt even make it to the rim (why in the world does anyone sign up for the shot at the royal banks check if they cant even get the ball to the backboard?), the two students on the tiny bikes were painful to watch. the video deals with the card seem fake. no one in my area had a winning card on either the nascar race or the qudobo cactus thing.

I don't understand why the clowns down baseball throw the 3rd one up there if they've already shown a complete inability to reach the rim the "normal" way.

I really just don't get it, period. I do not consider myself overtly strong or incredibly athletic, but I know for a fact that I can sit on my butt at half court and soccer throw the ball OVER the backboard. Is the average person really so unathletic?

I don't understand why the clowns down baseball throw the 3rd one up there if they've already shown a complete inability to reach the rim the "normal" way.

I really just don't get it, period. I do not consider myself overtly strong or incredibly athletic, but I know for a fact that I can sit on my butt at half court and soccer throw the ball OVER the backboard. Is the average person really so unathletic?

The Royal Banks shot is like most frustrating thing I have ever watched. Do people not know how to shot a freaking half court shot?

The Royal Banks shot is like most frustrating thing I have ever watched. Do people not know how to shot a freaking half court shot?

Honestly... you kind of just shoot it 6th grade girls' layup style. You get a slow little babystep run, hitch your dominant-handed leg up and just let her rip from the hip. You can do it laughing, or even eating, if you already have the sandwich in your mouth. It's really simple.

Kevin, some of us are not whining, merely observing. SLU grads have manned as many editorial slots at the Wall Street Journal and local rags as Mizzou has at the P-D. It does little good to hire a HOF coach if your marketing and pr departments are still playing amateur hour. The school should be marketing the crap out of men's bball and soccer, and ladies soccer, bball, and volleyball. Even though the P-D is affectionally know as AP central amongst many friends, the sports section still has a large number of column inches that need to be generated, seven days a week. There is no shame at all in ensuring TT and co. have to exert minimal effort to produce accurate, substantial, and positive articles about SLU.

As Joe pointed out, get two or three groups of business upperclassmen in a 400 level class to run comparative analysis studies of ads, coverage, and demographics to have available when visiting the P-D. It is always easier to approach and effect change at a business by using bottom line logic than street corner begging.

While they are at it, get a marketing arm of the Blue Crew(like BCPrez!) and throw $50K at her to set up on campus marketing efforts. It has become transparently clear where the competence lies in getting students to attend the games. Pay a little through the nose to get proven butts in the seats. She has proven she has the energy, desire, and ability to connect with the huddled masses in the dorms.

Until Biondi chooses to pay attention to the small details, everything outside where the big money is spent will continue to slide. Floating along for half a year without an athletic director is par for the course at the little sisters of the poor house on Grand...

You're talking about a different point now. I would agree that SLU's PR machine sucks. That's not the paper's fault.

Agree about the band. Also, I remember when cheerleaders actually were allowed to cheer. Not anymore as they are relegated to the sidelines. I understand these timeout "commercials" are planned in advance, but often times our Bills go on a run and/or have a few key defensive stops toward the end of a game and/or at a critical time. The other team calls a time out. In the past, the crowd would sometimes keep the noise levels up thru the timeout. Now, the microphone gets everyone to sit back and passively watch. Hope this changes.

Also, on a related note, while SLU has a large number of blue hairs as fans, our fan base is unfairly ripped because the student support sucks and because the SLU marketing team zaps any momentum and encourages passive fan behavior.