Official Game Thread: Bills v. UMass

moytoy12

Just joined in via the streaming free video thread .... Bills go up by 16 withLisch down on the bench for his third foul. Now cut to 52 to 38 at the under 12 timeout.

Taj, we're playing really well and umass isn't hitting anything in the 2nd half. Polk has been out the entire 2nd half for reasons unknown.

Audio doesn't stop at time out and the announcers just said that with 11 minutes to go, they've not scored less than 65 points a game. Long way to go in 11 minutes but I saw what the Minutemen did at St. Joes.

Ten point Bills lead 57 to 47 at the under eight timeout but Umass on the line shooting two. What happened with Polk? Eckerle still scares the crap out of me. Nice numbers for Danny Brown. Thriteen points and four assists.

3:32 up nine. Why of why do you have Husak taking wide open eight foot jumpers? Well, to answer my own question, because he's wide open and its only 8 feet for crying out loud! But you have to make them. Here's hoping Thompson, Conklin or Reed is better ---- NO ---- they HAVE to be better than Bryce in that regard.

I think Polk got hit in the stomach. I can't remember what they said but it was something like that.

Couldn't really close it out that well but that run put it out of reach and SLU wins. Played some decent D.

Danny B had a good game. He is moving with the ball well as far as I can tell.

Bills go to 9 and 0 when scoring more than 60 points. A win at 71 to 59. Gives us the same record as Umass so we have another A10 tourney tie breaker advantage there. Big game with X on Thursday night.

Danny Brown looked good. Lisch did as well. Luke is consistent. I think Tommie fell one rebound shy of a double-double. Lots of goods there.

Eckerle is the guy to foul in the end. One for four today. Luke missed one. Kevin missed one. Danny missed the layup and a foul shot or we are looking at what, another 8 more points and 79 to 59 is a convincing blowout. Announcers kept talking about how the Harris kid from Umass just didn't play. I thought from the 12 minute mark on, we could really get any shot we wanted .... kind of like against La Salle last week. Umass wants to runa nd gun. Any type of defense, like ours today and they wilt. Although I never felt comfort until under 36 seconds. Well, that's Billliken Ball, ain't it?

So what still was the deal with Dwayne? Confirm ER. What led to that, I missed it.

I'll take the win. If we can zero in on Xavier the same way ... but I think I'd like to have Dwayne if for nothing other than running another same-size defender at Lavendar.

Wow my first Billiken home game in years!!!. Got to say that it was an amazing start, although I'm worried about Polk he seemed not to play at all in the second half. At the beginning of the half they asked his parents to join them at court side. Yet we played a great game, an I'm more than happy to take a well earned win.

That was another real good home win for SLU. Per kenpom.com, UMass was #22 in the RPI coming into this game. And SLU is now tied at UMass at 3-4 in the A-10. If SLU only could have won those two OT home games against Dayton and Temple, ...

The game was on DirecTV 640, Comcast Sports Net Chicago, of all places. Jonathan "The Coach" Coachman handled the play-by-play. Bob Costas was shown in the crowd at the game.

Bob Ramsey on the KFNS post-game show mentioned Polk didn't play in the second half due to his ribs.

Were all the SLU missed free throws possibly attibutable to some late game fatigue, or did the normally good shooters just miss some? SLU was 18-28 at the free throw line.

Agree that we will certainly take this big win. Kudos to the Billikens.

Ramsey said something to the effect that polk hurt his ribs. I overheard someone say that he was taken out on a stretcher spitting blood. but thats just hearsay

One of the coaches said that Dwayne took a knee to the chest, he developed trouble breathing.

Went to the ER , but they said that he was doing OK. That was from KL's dad at the end of the game.