West Virginia 67

Villanova 60

Detroit 54

Butler 48

Virginia 82

#15 Georgia Tech 80

#23 SIU 59

SMS 58

Ahearn 12 points on 4-13 FG%, 2-7 3FG%, 2-4 FROM FREE THROW LINE. He missed more in this game than he has the entire season from the charity stripe.

Kent St. 80

Bowling Green 72

Jason Edwin 15 points, 3 blocks, 3 steals. When did he learn to play defense?

MD Eastern Shore 65

NC A&T 58

This will boost our RPI.

#18 Texas Tech 82

Kansas St 71

Eastern Kentucky 82

Jacksonville St 75

Tulane 67

TCU 66

Drake 78

Creighton 73 2OT

Does this guarantee no at large bid for Creighton?

Wisc Green Bay 80

Loyola IL 73

Brandon Morris off day shooting, 2-9 FG%, 0-5 3PT, 7 points, 3 steals, 1 TO, 4 assists, 6 rebounds

UAB 72

E. Carolina 69

DePaul 66

Houston 54

Memphis 89

Marquette 71

Roanoke Dazzle 116

Huntsville Flight 111

Marque had his hands full tonight having to guard Erick Barklay and Mateen Cleaves. Marque scored 15 points, 6-12 from the field, 4 boards, 9 dimes, 2 steals and 2 TOs while leading his team in minutes with 42.

this might be the end of CU's at large...

kind of disappointing - the RPI had been heading up and will continue to rise with games still against SIU and Kent St. If Jays win out (which is going to be tough with Wichita in Omaha and at SMS still on the slate) and make it to finals of MVC - the chances of an at large are still pretty good...have to see what this drake loss does to the rpi number though...

The bummer is that if tyler Mckinney (starting pg - out with rare eye infection) is still playing - all this talk is probably moot...jays are avg 10 ppg and about 4-5 asts per game less without him...he really makes offense go - feeds the post effectively - pushes the ball better in transition...

right now jays are relying on a JUCO pg and he is struggling with TO and just not understanding the offense as well.

listened to second half of bills game yesterday - brutal - ugly...had to listen to charlotte radio stream - it is ridiculous that the bills audio stream is a pay stream...dumb marketing move.

still - good job of bills protecting the home court in a game it sounded like they were very lucky to win...hopefully this will wake up the offense some.

creighton was done when they lost to siu. their only chance was and still is to win the tourney. the mvc is back to a one bid conference.

Richmond has the best chance to get the third bid in the A-10. Their RPI is in the mid 40s. Xavier's is well into the 50s and GWs is in the 70s. Both those teams will ahve markedly improve their resumes if they are to get an at large bid.

hehe, I know GW's odds are slim but here is a little Defense...

Their RPI is in the 70s, but they still have some big games coming up with Dayton and Richmond coming to the Smith Center (our "arena"). We are undefeated at home, and we gave Xavier a bit of a spanking. And we still get to go to Xavier.

We could very feasibly win the A-10 West if we beat Dayton, because Dayton still has to go to Xavier after us. We admitedly have a few bad losses, but we could easily get 18-20 wins.

The A-10 tourney is going to be huge. If GW gets to play St. Joes, I am liking it (Upset Baby!!!). We are teams that are both guard heavy, so we match up well (they admitedly beat us at their place, but we absolutely suck on the road). So hopefully we avoid Dayton in the A-10 tourney.

We should get in the NIT, but the NCAA's are a bit of a dream, but that dream is not vanished yet.

Steve

no, that is wrong. i dont consider myself anything of the sort. but i dont like your little superior attitude you have always brought to the board and can tell you that you alone has drove me to dislike the blue jays with your constant attempts to remind us how wonderful the blue jays are. so yes, i admit i am taking great joy in reminding you that the blue jays little run of superiority of the mvc is over. sorry if you have trouble dealing with that.

i am sure you are in a sour mood today since your old chum spoon got it handed to him today on national tv. embarrassed actually. so you just arent having a good weekend are you.

i never said they would make it. i said they have a better chance of improving their rpi to that bubble range than creighton does now with the blue jay bad loss yesterday. thus giving the a-10 a better shot at the 3 berths than the mvc has at 2.

I am going to have to stick up for Roy here ... Yes he defends the Bills to the extreme ... and probably all of his teams. I have found that if you give the Bills a fair shake on this board ( and it is a Billiken board ) Roy may disagree with you but won't have a problem with you posting or disagreeing with him. We disagree sometimes ... as a matter of fact just today about Jones and Edmonds ... but he has never insinuated that I should get off the board. The problem with you is you are constantly dogging the Bills and try to turn this into a Creighton discussion. Do that on the Creighton board. Discuss the Bills on this board

Official Billikens.com sponsor of H. Waldman

skip -

i responded to a post regarding games of interest and filled the board in on CU's situation (i thought that might be of interest - maybe i was wrong - but i didn't start the thread.)

Roy then went out of his way (as he usually does) to bring down the jays. i just pointed out his transperancy to that response - he can't seem to handle that...i really don't care.

i looked at my post and i don't see any "dogging the bills" in fact - i will call a spade a spade and if my forthrightness is his issue - so be it. the bills didn't play well offensively yesterday - but they pulled out a win - and that was important...i don't think i said anything more.

i will admit that i did give it to the Athletic Dept a little as i think it is a stupid policy to have fans have to pay for the netcast.

i am a big billiken fan - nothing more - nothing less - he reads my posts looking for a negative slant - and he finds something because he wants to...IMO he is a small petty person.

when you come here and treat the billiken as more than a second class citizen to your beloved bluejays, or just leave creighton out all together, then i will give you a break. until then, i have no intention of letting up on you. the fact you are over here trumpeting your blue jays on a billiken board actually doesnt speak very highly of yourself imo. you dont see me on any creighton board do you? better think about the darts you throw. they seem to fit your persona a little better than me.

you have said you aren't a CU fan - so i wouldn't think that you would be on a jays board...i am a bills fan...so here i am

again - someone posted "games of interest" and mentioned CU's loss - i didn't "trumpet" the jays as you say - i gave a factual post of their position - a key costly injury and where they stand for an at large NCAA bid - you found it negative because you wanted to.

i don't wish ill will on the billikens - you said you hate creighton because of me - very third grade response of you. you deride coach spoonhour - a man who has given more to st louis university and billiken athletics than you ever could dream of giving - i call that petty.

i am here as a billiken fan to follow and support billiken hoops.

cujaysfan ... It is not one post ... but all of them together. If you say any slight to the Bills that we perceive is unintentional ... that is ok by me ... but if you are a Bills fan ... why not a Bills handle not a CU handle on the Bills board. Maybe it is a little of both ... us misunderstanding and unintentional props to your jays here. We don't want to hear how wonderful you think they are over here ... save that for the Jays board ... stick with the Bills on this one. Most of us like CU ... just that we don't want to hear negative Bills comments followed by a positive CU one.

Official Billikens.com sponsor of H. Waldman

skip -

i can appreciate that...

i use one handle for almost everything...from news sites to all web boards i post on...this is the one i have been using for about 7-8 years since it was my old AOL email...never occured to me it might be offensive to some.

as for how great the jays are piece of your post...i went back and reread my post for about the third time - it is mostly a rehash of jays rpi (as has been oft discussed here and usually brought up by roy himself) and why they have lost couple of games. i never come here and post on the jays unless it is in response to something already started.

a little history from my perspective. i have been posting on billikens.com for a long time - my time dates back to the old AOL board. this year there was SLU to the MVC talks and a lot of negativity towards that proposal...a lot of wrong and negative things were posted about the MVC - i defended the conf - and then it became an attack on CU - which i also defended....roy has decided that i am the enemy because of this so he attacks any of my posts.

i understand that he is superfan extrodinaire for the bills - and that is great. but it certainly doesn't give him carte blanche here.

cubluejay said, "you deride coach spoonhour - a man who has given more to st louis university and billiken athletics than you ever could dream of giving"

he could have been the greatest coach in billiken history. he chose to go through the motions recruiting, alienated boosters, and eventually was shown the door. oh that's right, he retired. yeah right.

I don't really mind reading a commnent or two from you about Creighton...they are a fellow Jesuit U. Heck I am a SLU Alum and a HUGE Billiken fan but it will NEVER keep me from rooting and making kind posts about the Zags who are my second favorite Jesuit U. I have serious hope that my Billikens can reach the run that the Zags have been on in the last few years. I also prefer their style of play, but believe that we can and will be more up tempo once Coach Soderberg gets his kind of players who excel on both ends of the floor.

i think that any of the jesuit schools are going to have a tough time duplicating the zags success (save georgetown with the right coach). but if any school has a good chance - it is SLU - for a lot of reasons.

recruiting is just more competitive in the MW than it is in the pacific NW. they are getting new arena which will make them even more formidable - right now i think they are premier program (along with probably oregon) in that part of country. few is a great guy and is a perfect fit for spokanne and gonzaga - i really don't think he will leave there unless offered a top 10 gig -but even then with his lifestyle he will be tough to lure away. i also think with Monson's struggles at MN have further entrenched him there.