OT: Xavier Price

davidlee

I looked at Western Illinois's roster today and didn't see Xavier Price's name. Does anyone know what happened to him.

I've often wondered myself what became of Price. I always thought he was a good HS ball player, but lacked the skills of a 2 guard and the height of a small forward. I also believe he was the victim of an

incredible amount of hype.

I've often wondered myself what became of Price. I always thought he was a good HS ball player, but lacked the skills of a 2 guard and the height of a small forward. I also believe he was the victim of an

incredible amount of hype.

That hype was really fueled by him winning the slam dunk contest in Illinois as a freshman. He could really jump and had some offensive skills, but didn't develope a complete game. Hopefully he surfaces someplace and gets a college degree out of it. He's capable of having an impact at some level.

Sounds like Derek Thomas is having a tough time at WIU.

Even at a small time D-1 program he is in way over his head. I'll be surprised if he has a job next season. Maybe Brad can get that job.

That hype was really fueled by him winning the slam dunk contest in Illinois as a freshman. He could really jump and had some offensive skills, but didn't develope a complete game. Hopefully he surfaces someplace and gets a college degree out of it. He's capable of having an impact at some level.

Price was a talented player. His head kept him from being a good player. With his skills he should have dominated at Western. Then he has academic difficulties? WIU is not exactly Wash U.

Given this laundry list of departures, I can easily see a potential reason for Harrelson saying "wait a minute, I ain't going there."

Vee's support of James Washington is expected, that was another of his long list of soulda/coulda/woulda's for SLU. Wasn't there another guy there from Alton that Vee was also pushing a while back? I know, they count, I mean it is Division 1 after all.

Wasn't there another guy there from Alton that Vee was also pushing a while back? I know, they count, I mean it is Division 1 after all.

Kavon Lacey. He's averaging 2 ppg and struggling mightily from the field (~20% FG) as a freshman at Evansville. I think he'll eventually be a nice player but swinging the ball from side to side in Alton's offense is light years away from running a big boy offense.

Guest BillikenReport

Kavon Lacey. He's averaging 2 ppg and struggling mightily from the field (~20% FG) as a freshman at Evansville. I think he'll eventually be a nice player but swinging the ball from side to side in Alton's offense is light years away from running a big boy offense.

Or Taj was thinking of Lorenzo Taylor, who graduated from Alton and played at WIU.