Thompson signs

Bretts_Mom

Guest BillikenReport

6'9" Willie Reed???. He's got to be taller than that.

When he committed, his Scout.com profile had him at 6-9. That is probably where that height came from.

When I talked to Willie and his high school coach in June, both said Willie was 6-11.

“The doctors say I’ve probably got another two inches,” Reed said. “I could get to 7-1.”

- Nate

6'9" Willie Reed???. He's got to be taller than that.

NCAA rules impose a cumulative height limit on the players in a single recruiting class. (Section 27b subclause 6j). To sign even a G.I. Joe action figure we would have to either drop the other four guys an inch apiece, or report Kwamain Mitchell as 5'9".

I don't know why they're saying 6'9". Willie Reed is the tallest man in the galaxy.

This may change with Rick, but does it seem like we just reload height on a 4-5 year cycle.

Heinrich and Baniak, Same Class...They graduate: Ian and Bryce...Same Class.... Now the Class of 2008....

Maybe we will get some staggered overlap for once under Rick.

Guest BillikenReport

This may change with Rick, but does it seem like we just reload height on a 4-5 year cycle.

Heinrich and Baniak, Same Class...They graduate: Ian and Bryce...Same Class.... Now the Class of 2008....

Maybe we will get some staggered overlap for once under Rick.

SLU has already offered two 6-8/6-9 guys in the junior class.

I think you'll see bigger players with interest in SLU because Rick Majerus has made some big guys rich in the past.

- Nate

Congrats on the signing, he will be good at SLU because thats where he wanted to be.

My only question is, since according to this board Southern Illinois is nothing but dumb stupid rednecks, how does it to have one of them on the team? :lol:

It's simple quantum physics.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=aoqOc4NK96Q

Please disregard the comments, of course.

EDIT: Misread the post. I thought saluki was pointing out the sociological phenomenon that despite Carbondale's being seated in the utter bowels of depravity, and their team's being supported by a rabid food-stamping, mud-running, Travis Tritt-inspired fanbase, they only fielded only one alleged "redneck". At first I was racking my brain trying to figure out which of their buck-toothed, knock-kneed, horse-faced spacedog players was the true "redneck", but I knew that the reason the whole team wasn't from 8-Mile Vanilla Precinct was their obvious lack of athletic prowess at the local level.

I apologize for any confusion, but stand by the hilarity of the clip.

ALSO - That guy had to be at the game alone; friends don't let friends wear teal baseball caps.

Congrats on the signing, he will be good at SLU because thats where he wanted to be.

My only question is, since according to this board Southern Illinois is nothing but dumb stupid rednecks, how does it to have one of them on the team? :lol:

I believe they're poking fun at Carbondale, not southern Illinois (i.e., part of the state). I really don't get into that nonsense.

It's simple quantum physics.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=aoqOc4NK96Q

Please disregard the comments, of course.

EDIT: Misread the post. I thought saluki was pointing out the sociological phenomenon that despite Carbondale's being seated in the utter bowels of depravity, and their team's being supported by a rabid food-stamping, mud-running, Travis Tritt-inspired fanbase, they only fielded only one alleged "redneck". At first I was racking my brain trying to figure out which of their buck-toothed, knock-kneed, horse-faced spacedog players was the true "redneck", but I knew that the reason the whole team wasn't from 8-Mile Vanilla Precinct was their obvious lack of athletic prowess at the local level.

I apologize for any confusion, but stand by the hilarity of the clip.

ALSO - That guy had to be at the game alone; friends don't let friends wear teal baseball caps.

Jimbo be careful. The tough and cool Carbondale redneck known as SIUGrad99 will challenge you to a fight to protect the dishonor of both C-Dale and SIUC. He is a little worked up because that degree from SIUC is not doing much for him doing oil changes at Wal-Mart.

Jimbo be careful. The tough and cool Carbondale redneck known as SIUGrad99 will challenge you to a fight to protect the dishonor of both C-Dale and SIUC. He is a little worked up because that degree from SIUC is not doing much for him doing oil changes at Wal-Mart.

Not as tough as Justin Johnson, and certainly not as cool. Fool better come correct, he don't want The Airplane® to request clearance to land on his ass...