TV?

STLfan

Any idea how many games SLU is going to get on TV this year? Or when we will find out?

I saw this on MU's website and was curious.

"Missouri also unveiled its 2007-08 television schedule. Including exhibition games against Missouri-St. Louis (Nov. 3) and Missouri Western (Nov. 8), Mizzou will have a record 31-of-32 regularly-scheduled games appearing on television this season. Should the Tigers advance to the semifinals and finals of the CBE Classic in Kansas City that number will increase to 33-of-34. Mizzou Sports Network telecasts will be available in Kansas City on Metro Sports and in St. Louis on Fox Sports Midwest. Television clearance assignments (stations carrying Tiger games) in Mid-Missouri will be finalized at a later date."

I know SLU's tv coverage sucks but I was wondering if anyone had heard anything for this season? SLU should be able to get all or at least most of its games on in St. Louis and should be able to get at least some shown in other areas of the state. I know Fox Sports Midwest has a contract with Mizzou but SLU should talk to them about picking up some of the Billikens games when they aren’t showing a Mizzou game.

Games on SLU’s schedule that don’t conflict with a MU game on the same day.

11/02/07 vs. Missouri-St. Louis

11/09/07 vs. North Carolina A&T

11/10/07 vs. Houston Baptist

11/11/07 at Pittsburgh

11/14/07 vs. Detroit

11/17/07 vs. Furman

11/21/07 at Missouri State

11/24/07 vs. Pacific

12/04/07 at Boston College

12/08/07 vs. Sam Houston State (MU game that day but on ESPN)

12/19/07 vs. Loyola Chicago

01/10/08 at George Washington

01/12/08 vs. Dayton (MU game that day but on ESPN-Plus)

01/17/08 vs. Rhode Island

01/20/08 vs. Temple

01/26/08 at La Salle (MU game that day but on ESPN-Plus)

02/02/08 vs. Massachusetts (MU game that day but on ESPN-Plus)

02/07/08 vs. Xavier

02/10/08 at Richmond

02/17/08 at Massachusetts

02/20/08 vs. Fordham

02/28/08 at Saint Joseph's

03/01/08 vs. St. Bonaventure (MU game that day but on ESPN-Plus)

03/08/08 at Duquesne (MU game that day but on ABC)

Imagine getting 24 games shown in the area covered by Fox Sports Midwest. I believe the only games FSMW is obligated to show are the MSN games on Mizzou’s schedule and as you can see not too many of those games overlap with a SLU game. Even if you include the games on ESPN-Plus SLU would still get 20 games on TV.

Get the Fox package,I`ll bet Fox-Cincinnati and Fox-Ohio will again be very A-10 friendly. If we can add Big Ten teams,and maybe get on the Big Ten Network.

TV wise I think Rick will command attention.

Get the Fox package,I`ll bet Fox-Cincinnati and Fox-Ohio will again be very A-10 friendly. If we can add Big Ten teams,and maybe get on the Big Ten Network.

TV wise I think Rick will command attention.

That's why I love having the Direct TV Sports Pack. Also I always seem to enjoy watching those those late night WAC and Pac 10 games in bed on the western FOX Sports Stations. I must have seen 7 or 8 Randy Bennett (St Mary's) and Lorenzo Romer (Washington) games last year. :lol:

That's why I love having the Direct TV Sports Pack. Also I always seem to enjoy watching those those late night WAC and Pac 10 games in bed on the western FOX Sports Stations. I must have seen 7 or 8 Randy Bennett (St Mary's) and Lorenzo Romer (Washington) games last year. :(

I enjoy Sports Pack,I`ll usually record the St.Mary`s games.The West Coast schools get ALOT of love from FSN.

I enjoy Sports Pack,I`ll usually record the St.Mary`s games.The West Coast schools get ALOT of love from FSN.

Correct me if I am wrong but I thought we were told that SLU had gotten permission to negotiate with local stations for some games to be televised. There was supposedly 2 stations interested and talking with SLU - Charter was not one of them. Maybe somebody has more info on this.

Last year if my memory serves me right, both Xavier games were picked up by FSN Ohio, the Loyola game was picked up by Comcast Sportsnet Chicago and on ESPN Full Court. I think these were the only games produced out of market and available locally if you had either DirecTV or Dish Network

Last year if my memory serves me right, both Xavier games were picked up by FSN Ohio, the Loyola game was picked up by Comcast Sportsnet Chicago and on ESPN Full Court. I think these were the only games produced out of market and available locally if you had either DirecTV or Dish Network

In addition to those mentioned, I recall getting the Ole Miss game on some obscure station also.