Which St. Louis sports personalities do we not want ...

Disclaimer: I rarely, if ever, listen to the smaller "sports talk" stations.

That said, it appears to me that there's a giant subculture of wannabes in that particular media genre, and -- if the chatter on this board is correct -- any number of them lack serious knowledge of the Billiken program. (Hell, even most of the bees that the wannabes want to be have shown significant deficiency in following the program closely.)

We seem to be caught up in the semi-literate rantings on a web site (which, I suppose, is appropriate for our forum). Do we not want him to "cover" us? Hey, I'm all for "coverage," but I think it's fair to expect a minimum level of professionalism.

(Isn't this the guy, by the way, who got put in the dreaded Vern Gagne [or was it Von Raschke?] sleeper hold at Rams Park by another of the local "sports personalities"?)

You are correct, Hadley was the recipient of a "submission move" by Brian McKenna at Rams Park. His legs were too large for McKenna to pull off the figure-four leg lock.

It would be very easy to write him off if his only outlet was his internet newsletter, but he is also given air time by Fox Sports and AM 550 as well.

no the way i understand it, iggy is pretending to be kenny strode and thus we shouldnt trust iggy's thoughts. of course i dont know who kenny strode is, so this whole scenario makes my head hurt. i have shook our iggy's hand though, so i know who he is. if one has to go, i say strode takes the bus to wichita.

yes hadley is the "fighter" that took on brian mckenna and recieved the vulcan nerve clamp at the rams training facility.

not to change the subject, but (in reality, a discussion about pro wrestling seems better than john hadley) as a kid, i would try to put the figure four on my younger brothers all the time and they never seemed to be in the pain that the ric flair oppenents would be in when he administered that hold. almost makes me think that the hold wasnt real.

I wrestled a little in hs (real wrestling) and there were moves that were similar to a figure four you could do. Only difference was both you used your legs on the opponents and you were both laying down. It was purely a hold to attempt a pin and immobilizing the leg. No pain.

You post here that is good enough.

Obviously Earl is on that list too as sports editor for the STL American. Karraker has some nice things to say about Billiken basketball and I think he knows the sport. On 550 they just cannot give any airtime to a team they don't carry, and since they have blues and rams that is all they talk about. 550 doesn't even talk about missouri very much, except for clemons stuff.

actually to be fair, tiger tim has been pumping the billikens for at least two weeks. nothing but positive. maybe frank is wearing off on him.

I noticed a change of heart with Tim as well. I think this years Mizzou scandals have jaded him. He frequently makes comments about how Soderberg is such a great person besides being a great coach.

Roy, I would be happy to demostrate the figure four leg lock to you, and I bet you'll change your mind on pain. The problem with the figire four is that it isn't a realistic move. If you have a willing participant that allows you to put them in this hold, I can guarantee you will squirm in pain if done correctly. The laughable thing is that your opponent needs to be all but knowcked out already in order to effectively apply the move. I have managed to use this move on friends playing around who fought back to try and avoid it. If you wrestle someone stupid enough, you can make it work. I'm glad the srestling moves we tried as kids (and as adults) were mostly ineffective. As we've seen in the media, kids are carrying today's moves way too far and death has been a result.

A simle ankle lock would be way more effective anyway and can be applied by anyone regardless of size or strength in a most effective way.

Now, how many other wrestling moves were all show though? How about Terry Gordy's iron spike. Or the Sheik's camel clutch or how about that dreaded iron claw?