Article on Majerus in today's Kansas City Star

OT?

“The other day I was in the gym, and a player on the women’s basketball team was dribbling in darkness,†Majerus said, “and I thought, terrific idea.â€

LOLOLOLOL, I find that hysterical for some reason. I was dribbling in darkness last night... I fell asleep (did you fall asleep or did you pass out?) on my keyboard at about 3 in the morning after a drunken all-night bike ride.

AND, there's a small part of me that hopes it was Theresa Lisch dribbling in darkness. She's got the JUICE.

Just partyin'. I anticipage a crash around 11. I'm going to go solicit around the vending machines, try and score a soda. I think The Mongo® is even more gassed than I am. You can read about that on Bob's wall.

I hear you about Tom FAGan. He must be a HUGE fan. Way to pump up the program and your team!

“I actually called a radio show, and I never do that,†said Tom Fagan, a 1993 graduate of St. Louis University law school and 14-year season-ticket holder.

“This is an attractive hire even if he stays one, two or three years and doesn’t win many games,†Fagan said. “SLU is a midmajor at best. To get an upper-echelon coach like him is unbelievable. My only concern when they hired him was him pulling out in a couple days like he did at USC.â€

Yeah, what a novel concept.

I generally don't think that the post is as horrible as a lot of people do, but THAT is one thing that REALLY pizzes me off on a consistent basis! It's almost as if they do it out of spite. Nice to see that an out-of-town paper can actually respect the wishes of the entity it is reporting on.

Tom is a huge Kansas Jayhawk and Big 12 fan having graduated from there - undergrad. Take it for what it's worth, SLU needs to broaden its reach/appeal and change opinions of guys like him so that SLU basketball stops being considered a niche team even here in town. Only way to do that is to win.