Harrelson

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I said he wanted to come, not dying. He wanted to come as bad as Harrellson. I'm still not sure SLU ever offered. At the time SLU was not good enough to make local stars wait and I dont blame him. Majerus changes everything, but it looks like MU became the favorite. He wanted to come. He hung out at West Pine last spring and summer. He skipped the Western Illinois team camp to play at West Pine. He told numerous people SLU was his favorite but hadnt offered last spring and summer. In August or September he went on a visit to MU and they have been rumored to be the favorite ever since. I dont konw when if/when Brad offered. I dont know if Majerus thinks he's worthy enough to go after. I wish him luck no matter what he chooses. Anything, but junior college is fine with me. I mentioned this school as a backup plan to an indirect friend of the program. http://www.mma-cadet.org/athletics.html He could stay close to home, and be good to go for Mizzou or SLU with 4 years of eligiblity.

I rarely post here but I do visit this site regularly. Like many others I am excited by the recent hire of RM. In regards to Josh Harrellson, I have to agree whole heartedly with VTIME's assessment. I've seen Harrellson play several times this year and the young man is legit. He is every bit of 6'9" and 265 lbs. He is very agile, has good hands, passes well and has a surprisingly good mid range jumper. More importantly the man is a beast on the defensive end. He has great strength and is relentless on the offensive and defensive glass. While not a great leaper he has amazing timing on knowing when to go up for the shot. I think the reason that many overlooked Josh is that he is a late bloomer. Most people don't realize that Josh never played on a basketball team until he was in the eighth grade. During his first few years of HS ball he was obviously overweight and usnsure of himself. After his sophomore year he began to seriously weight train and work on his game. His game has improved drastically. Who ever secures his services is going to have a heck of a player in a few years. I read Roy's comments that he is not as athletic as Knolmeyer. I couldn't disagree more. His athletic ability is far superior. I'm sure that he could provide meaningful minutes as a freshman and be a dominating player by the time he is a junior. Remember people he has only been playing the game for 5 years!!!!

big bill fan said,

"I read Roy's comments that he is not as athletic as Knolmeyer. I couldn't disagree more. His athletic ability is far superior."

you do remember that knollmeyer beat tommie liddell in the billiken madness slam dunk contest last year?

Roy, you have obviously never watched Harrellson play. There is more to being athletic than just havng a vertical jump. I have seen both play and Josh is quicker and much more agile. Knollmeyer seemed inept to me when he received the ball down low. His footwork was atrocious. Why are you so against having a 6'9" 265 lb player on our Billikens? What a shame it would be if we could actually get an offensive rebound. One last thought...if some one on this board posted that there was a 6'9" 265 lb player from Iowa who averaged 19 points and 12 rebounds everyone on this board would wet their pants with the prospect of him being a Billiken. Here we have one right under our nose and we could care less...No wonder this has been a mediocre program for so many years..I certainly hope our new coach has more vision than you Roy.

Seems to me that if JH was a Jucco everybody would be willing to take a flyer on him for only a 2 year committment. 4 years make some pause. Seems to me from what I read and followed in the paper that he made great strides his senior year and should have probably should have not signed in the Fall. I would think DT would let him out since the kid can go Jucco with no penalty. Why would DT want him there if JH does not want to be there? This is a tough break for DT but sometimes you are better off not taking a HC job just because they offer it to you. RM has said that he wants to defend and rebound - last time I looked unless BE is going to provide this we are no better than we were last year and that was a weakness. Maybe we ought to give some more thought to this kid. Here is another thought - maybe AT liked him but Brad did not - kind of like Romar liked BA but Brad did not and we all know how that turned out.

You have made less than 10 posts in your three years as a member of this board. For you to make 2 posts and say that Harrellson is exactly what I said he is should speak volumes to the rest of the board about Harrellson.