CL's silence and lurking

slu72

in the shadows is an interesting sidebar to all of this. Anyone of you "insiders" know what her standing is these days? As AD she should be right outfront in this whole deal. Instead, she seems locked up in the bunker. I realize she's probably under a gag order until all the i's have been dotted and the t's crossed. But since Biondi, possibly Chaifetz, and apparently others have taken the lead with RM, I would not be surprised to see her announce her departure shortly after the dust finally settles. Too bad, she seemed competent, but will regret her first major action as AD inking UB to an extension and continuing both her public and private support of him. Admirable of her, but possibly a job buster. As Jimmy Buffet sings in Fruitcakes, "it's a jungle out there, kiddies."

I saw CL in DuBourg today going into the VP office on the second floor by the Pere Marquette Gallery, which by the way, looked all dressed up for a press conference. Unfortunately, CL did not look like she was getting ready for any press conferences today, and looked weathered by all of this. She is usually very upbeat and charasmatic, but she looked beat up by the past week.

Unless CL has a phonebooth where she can go present herself for a press conference, there probably wont be one today.

Hiring Majerus is big. Look at the positives on staying>

>the AD budget probably just doubled. Even if she does not have control of MBB budget its going to generate a lot additional income in > attendance, donations and hopefully funds from a NCAA appearance.

>The arena will be paid off quicker. One of her major assignments when taking the job.

>Plus the overall positive feeling for SLU sports in general now. Success in MBB will carry over to other sports.

She stay for at least 3 years, take credit for the above and move on to a BCS school.

slu72 said,

" but will regret her first major action as AD inking UB to an extension and continuing both her public and private support of him. "

i hope not. there are far too many people in the world more concerned with what others think than doing what they think is the right thing.

i admire her loyalty and common sense to a horrible business decision that biondo has had to buy his way out of. all i know is if this soon to be homerun hadnt been hit, we would be in a world of hurt right now imo.

cheryl levick will be a champion. count on it. i doubt that yow ever has looked back with regrets.

whether he was contacted or not i definitely dont believe it was a done deal before soderberg was fired and considering the magnitude of demands that majerus threw out there, i am somewhat shocked it is happening.

all the more reason the actions of last week was one inch from suicidal. either do it 6 weeks ago, or at least wait until after the signing period or wait another year.

that said, if this happens, imo we have immediately taken the program to a level that saint louis university basketball has never been on. i believe majerus is that level of a celebrity and will be surprised if he isnt worth every penny.

From what I have heard, CL was completely left out of the loop on UB being let go, the initial contact to RM and any of the early negotiations and I have that from a pretty solid source last week. She may have gotten more involved recently, I don't know but I doubt it. She will not be long for SLU unfortunately in my opinion and it's too bad. I really liked her and respected the way she went about her business

I think she'd be wise to stay and hopefully enjoy the Rick Ride to fame and fortune. It would look good on her resume. No one's really ever going to know what happened here. Broy, I don't know what part CL played in all of this, major, minor, none, total backseat. If she sat by and watched Father L pull all the strings, do all the talking, it's got to hurt. Now if Biondi told her, listen this is really new ground for SLU, and I wouldn't let the best AD in the country handle it, she may be pleased with that. Who knows. I'm sure at one time or another we've all had bosses over ride us and do our job, it hurts the old ego. Only natural it will. It's why 20 years ago I decided to be my own boss and start my own company. God, I hope this guy can deliver.

Unless Fr. Larry is forcing her out, again, I feel she would be foolish to leave. This whole hiring can change Billiken athletics for better. She can be a major part in all this.

Now, we are doing a lot of assuming here and noting what BM wrote is gospel. She may have been part of this from the get go or soon after Fr. Larry got the call from Chaifetz telling him I don't like the way MBB has been going and I have a contacts telling me that RM is interested.

Heck, this is as big for SLU as it was when Alabama hired Saban.