DeCourcy on KFNS

slu72

Implied RM would report to Chaifetz. Based on what he's read about the situation. Said, Biondi is not much involved in sports. That said, he said RM's a brilliant technician, not an easy employee to have, not going to have a radio show, he has run off a lot of AC's.

Midwest connections. Also, I get the impression DeCourcy does not think RM is the best man for the job. He likes the ambitious young AC approach. Also, he said the ship has sailed for Spring recruiting, and if they don't want it to leave for the fall they better get someone in place real quick.

Decourcy said if you're expecting someone to rub elbows with the fans, local media, etc., he's not the guy to do it. Evidently he strained relations with the Salt Lake media at the end of his career. Wait until he sees what BM does to him if he doesn't win here.

>I'm surprised that hasn't gotten more press in this love

>fest. I heard he's a real jerk when it comes to mixing with

>the alums and fans. Can't stand it. He's also had so NCAA

>violations which I don't know the details of.

So, if you have no idea of which you are talking about, why not just throw out anything at random? Interesting.

In the past I think that you said you knew RM pretty well. I have been at a seminar he taught on coaching and in several social events with him and I found him to be interesting and very knowledgeable about basketball. Do you think he would give the fans, the media and the boosters the cold shoulder? Unless he won big right away I could see that being a fairly significant problem.

what are you talking about? the only violations i am aware of is one where he bought keith van horn dinner to try to console him when a close relative passed away and one other time he bought pizza for the team.

he has never cheated on recruiting that i am aware of.

but if you indeed know diffferent, please provide the details.

>In the past I think that you said you knew RM pretty well. I

>have been at a seminar he taught on coaching and in several

>social events with him and I found him to be interesting and

>very knowledgeable about basketball. Do you think he would

>give the fans, the media and the boosters the cold shoulder?

>Unless he won big right away I could see that being a fairly

>significant problem.

Rick is a very demanding coach, very tough on his players, will use rough language at times if he has to in practice.....and for the naive ones out there, more do than don't. But ask the kids on his teams what they think of him. Most of his kids run through walls for him, and most media local or national in his stops have nothing but very high praise and respect for him...ask them.

Many of his close friends are high profile boosters. Billionaire Jon Huntsman was one of his closest friends at Utah.

Rick would do very well at SLU. He is a very smart guy, and knows what he is doing. I am not so sure he would take the SLU position at this time, but he would have my stamp of approval without hesitation.

He is a regular, down to earth guy, very personable, humble, entertaining, ...very informal as opposed to formal. .....meaning although a meal at Tony's etc...he would enjoy.....he prefers a whole in the wall joint somewhere else with elbows on the table and hours of laughter and conversation. But he can do both.

It is imperative and important for Rick to like, and be comfortable with, Biondi and high profile boosters or he wouldn't even consider the job.

things through the media. Did you hear Decourcey on with Frank and Ramsey an hour or two ago? He basically said the exact same things I just mentioned. Blame the media don't blame me. The information on Majerus and his disposition with fans and local media is not something I'm making up.

>also posted above.

>

>http://deseretnews.com/dn/view/1,1249,600110100,00.html

Are you serious? Cookouts or pizza for players because the guy lives in a hotel.....extended practice time so high profile speakers can speak with his team.....having more than one player present for a visiting recruit.......

Lol. Priceless.

Please tell me you have something much more than that article that was cause any concern whatsoever in SLU trying to hire him.

Stop putting words in my posts. I repeated basically what a Sporting News reporter just said in an interview on KFNS with Frank and Rammer that the guy has had some issues with alumni and media. The guy also said he is NOT an easy employee to deal with and I did not post that. I also said I knew he had some NCAA violations in the past but didn't know the details. I didn't guess at what they were or say I wouldn't hire him because of it I just said he had some. You wanted the details and I posted some. Why attack me? Why put words in my post that aren't there?

>Stop putting words in my posts. I repeated basically what a

>Sporting News reporter just said in an interview on KFNS

>with Frank and Rammer that the guy has had some issues with

>alumni and media. The guy also said he is NOT an easy

>employee to deal with and I did not post that. I also said I

>knew he had some NCAA violations in the past but didn't know

>the details. I didn't guess at what they were or say I

>wouldn't hire him because of it I just said he had some. You

>wanted the details and I posted some. Why attack me? Why put

>words in my post that aren't there?

Fine...do any of those concern you?