Other Boosters

Okay, while this story has actually no real confirmation of Chaifetz being involved other than Bernie and Frank...this story has taken things by storm.

One thing I am wondering is how do other long-time boosters feel about this? Are they simply happy for the program? Or are they upset some that there is a new guy in town that may be calling all the shots.

In all of this, I hope they are being kept in the loop. The last thing we want is for this to implode and we piss off both new and old boosters.

(I can't believe I'm actually defending the U. on this.)

Let's assume we get Majerus by the end of the week, or in some reasonable time period.

Would it have been better to try to cram everything through, telling only those who absolutely needed to know, or would it have been better to tell a relatively large group of people and subject yourself to leaks?

Similarly: Six weeks ago, if we went after Majerus, all the other teams that needed a coach would know he was truly in play and both the demand for him and his price could have gone up.

I don't think, institutionally, the U. could be that smart. But I do think Larry could. Macchiavellian, but smart.

Any booster who gets pissed that they are not in the loop so to speak are being petty. Sometimes you can not be in the loop unless you want to pony up. RM meeting with Chavitz adds credence to the rumor that he was involved in this in some way and is probably ponying up money - this is not meant to be an attack on the guy - I am glad somebody with the dough is stepping up finally.

One hasn't had anything nice to say about Biondi or CL over the last few days. None of his complaints have anything to do with the way the whole firing thing was handle. He is complaining about stuff people have been complaining about the last twenty years and these things never seemed to bother him before.

joe if we had sewn up the celebrity preplacement in advance i totally agree with your thinking. the rush to fire soderberg when nothing was apparently certain and then going into cia mode makes no sense. if biondi and a select group was going to go black opps anyway, why not just sew up the new coach and then fire and hire at the relatively same time? you dont even give the media and rest of the fandom to have their two days of embarrassment and ridicule.

OK, but consider this: Let's say Larry had some inkling that Majerus had more than a passing interest. Perhaps he even called him directly and Majerus said he would come visit.

The very fact that Majerus is interviewing for the job (and, based on press reports, he is) gives Larry and SLU a giant leap in credibility for other candidates.

If this is even remotely accurate, by the way, we may have to give the Rev. a new nickname: The Prince.

But Roy, hasn't one of your arguments about the Billiken Club and seating choices in the new arena been to assure loyalty? I mean, without the boosters we do have, where would we have been during the Romar and Soderberg years.

I might not be big time but I've been around for a long time. All I want is for this program to win and not cheat to do it. This program has lacked a big time sugar daddy for years.We have never had a big time booster before, there is no downside to this.