Candidates

Quest

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Mike Montgomery? That might be out of our league. I think Monson, with his Gonzaga background would have made sense.

Personally, I think it would make more sense to have a coach with an East Coast background considering we are in the A-10. Bruiser Flint? Mike Jarvis? (did he have NCAA problems?)

And College of Charlestown was out of Bobby Cremins' league?

Cremins is more renowned than Mike Montgomery as far as most people are concerned. Most Stanford games began when old Bobby had his Ramblin Wreck wins tucked away in bed. Monty would be a delicious and sexy choice for Saint Louie U.

Great Day in the Morning...

I've always liked Mike Jarvis. The situation at the end of his tenure at St. John's, however, was not good.

How about Kim Anderson (former Mizzou assistant) at Central Missouri State? He totally revived the program there and had the Mules in the Division II final four.

>Stallings? I know he's a local boy...maybe he would want to

>be close to his ailing mother.

Stallings makes over $1.3 million per year and coaches in the SEC. Be realistic. Montgomery is a west coast guy. No chance. Too bad Marshall was hired by WSU. He would have been a good pick. O'Neil, Mike Dunlap, Nuggets assistant coach, and Sutton would all be good selections.

>I've always liked Mike Jarvis. The situation at the end of

>his tenure at St. John's, however, was not good.

>

>How about Kim Anderson (former Mizzou assistant) at Central

>Missouri State? He totally revived the program there and

>had the Mules in the Division II final four.

He wrecked St. John's. Not a good coach, bad recruiter. While the violations committed there were minor and not Jarvis's doing, he still would NOT be a good hire at SLU. As one friend close to the SJU program said to me "Jarvis didn't just take thugs and trash, he took thugs and trash from elsewhere. At least take the local ones."

Too bad Tommy Amaker got hired already.

Eddie Sutton are you serious? In the press release it said SLU wanted a coach who runs a clean program. Fast Eddie isn't the cleanest of coaches, might as well put Jim Harrick in the hat while you are at it. Plus Eddie is still recovering from his DUIs, no way SLU hires Eddie Sutton.

just off the top of my head...

Current head coaches:

Reggie Theus - New Mexico St

Jeff Neubaeur - Eastern Ky (former Beleien Asst at WV), interviewed at St Bonny earlier this year

Houston Fancher - Appalachian St

Darrin Horn - Western Ky (former Crean Asst), his bio claims he recruited Dwayne Wade and Travis Diener to Marquette

Assistant coaches:

John Groce - Ohio St

Ken McDonald - Texas

I'm sure there are still good options that are available.