Alton's Kavon Lacey to Evansville

davidlee

I like Lacey a lot. Lacey, last I heard, had questionable acedemics and Brad can't afford to take a chance on any player like that. He put himself in the position that he needs to find players that can contribute right away. He can't afford to lose a player for a year to prep school or wait two years form him juco.

No not all or most jucos have grade problems. A lot of them are players who didn't get recruited by schools they thought thet were good enough for coming out of high school. Some are foreigners still adjusting to the country. Some had grade problems coming out of high school wich they have corrected. The problem SLU has had with some jucos in the past was having them being able to transfer into exsiting majors at SLU.

The majority had grade problems out of high school. Some are able to correct them, some are the categories that you listed. But I stand by my stance that the majority of JUCO players have questionable academics and it is even harder for SLU because they dont have some of the popular majors for JUCO's just trying to qualify for D1.

Will not most of the top juco players in the country be playing for D-1 college teams next year? That right there proves your assumption wrong. Most of them don't have problems getting into a school on the next level. Only the big idiots like your beloved Curtis Muse seem to have that problem. Just because kids from the V have this problem, it doesn't mean most of the others do. You are wrong again just like you are on a regular basis.

>Will not most of the top juco players in the country be

>playing for D-1 college teams next year? That right there

>proves your assumption wrong. Most of them don't have

>problems getting into a school on the next level. Only the

>big idiots like your beloved Curtis Muse seem to have that

>problem. Just because kids from the V have this problem, it

>doesn't mean most of the others do. You are wrong again

>just like you are on a regular basis.

That's just the top players. Yes, they have the extra incentive to make sure there grades are in order. There are thousands of junior college players. Most, again I say most of them have academic issues.

So what is your point about the jucos SLu is recruiting? Do most of them have acadmic issues? I tell you right now they don't. What is your proof that most jocu's that are headed to four year schools have academic issues? You don't have proof of that. The fact is, the large majority of of juco players being recruited by D-1 schools don't have problems. The point you were trying to make is false.

i would bet we quit recruiting lacey when we signed mitchell.

siu-e was the only other school to offer him a scholarship is my understanding and that was only when simmons was the coach there. when simmons took over at evansville he continued to recruit the same kids. i would think that evansville might be in for a rough go is simmons is still recruiting d-2 players.

sluser, have you ever seen lacey play? he is not really a point guard. when we got the commits from mitchell and relephorde, why would we sign another wing?

do you ever think rationally when discussing the billikens?

>do you always have an excuse why brad missed out on ANOTHER

>recruit?

I'm as a critical of Soderberg's recruiting as anybody, but come on. How do you know he "missed" on this recruit? The kid signed at Evansville and it didn't look like he had a lot of other strong offers. I suspect Soderberg backed off on this one and is making other players a priority.

>sluser, have you ever seen lacey play? he is not really a

>point guard. when we got the commits from mitchell and

>relephorde, why would we sign another wing?

>

>do you ever think rationally when discussing the billikens?

Roy, my mizloser radar has been going off about "sluser." The name "sluser" doesn't exactly sound like somebody who thinks real highly of our program. It's one thing to have constructive criticism from SLU fans like Nark and Drew, but I'm not sure that's what we're getting with "sluser."

don't compare Kevon Lacey to OJ Mayo. it said in that article we were recruiting Lacey. it has been mentioned several times on this board we were recruiting him. the kool-aid drinkers wanted this kid. and then when he signs with another school and brad doesnt get him, roy automatically chimes in to why we didnt get him....like roy knows anything to begin with.