Arena webcam

dewey33

What I have said is that since the start of the construction was always being delayed due to slow fundraising and that the arena construction is not completely funded; I will believe my own eyes, before I take Biondi's word for it, when it comes to the completion of the arena. I am sure that this is also is the view that many recruits are taking.

You're a SLU hater.

Seriously though, do you think many recruits outside of St. Louis (or in the area for that matter) know the history of the SLU arena and of the logistical problems? I'm guessing they see something being built and imagine it will be finished. End of story from the recruits' perspective.

I am a SLU hater.:)

I do think the kids hear about it on the recruiting trail. If other coaching staffs don't know the history of this project and don't bring it up to recruits they are not doing there job. The kids in the area know all about it if they have ever read BM or listened to him on the radio.

Kids want to see the finidhed product. They don't want to take virtual tours, no matter how cool a virtual tour might sound. They do not want to hear about promises of the new building that are only drowned out by the promises they hear from every other staff in the country. They see these things at other universities and they get to see West Pine at SLU.

We live in a instant gratifaction society. Virtual tours, artist renderings, models, and promises of what is to come doesn't cut it with most of todays athletes

I can certainly agree with the 2nd half of that post. I think a real tour of Missouri's facilities is substantially better and has a greater impact than a virtual tour of SLU's facilities regardless of whether or not SLU's will be better (which i don't know).

I don't think the history behind Chaifetz really matters much to the kids.

The arena is going forward and if you know anything about construction you would understand that once a project like this gets started it continues until it is finished unless the developer goes bankrupt. The cost and damage of stopping the project before it is done would be astronomical. Stop posting idiocy!

its completion date idiocy? I never said it wouldn't be finished. It will and I think it will probably be finished on shedule. But, nobody should take just Biondi's word on it, when you consider his history when it comes to the arena.

but it would have to miss by 6 months and entire summer to really have an affect on the basketball team. It's not going to happen. Facilities in the past were a real reason for having trouble recruiting, but as of Aug 2006, that excuse is done. I don't think recruits question whether it will be completed or not, Imo being able to play the 1st game in a brand new arena in front of what will surely be a sold out crowd is a plus. A big plus.

Official Billikens.com sponsor of H Waldman

Official Sponser of the Stemmler and Ahearn could and would have helped club.

I think that the problem is gone once you are able to bring recruits inside of the building and they can either see the finished project or get a real feel for what it will be. I think we can all agree that this negative is going away and it will be turned into a big plus for the program.

That is as long as they haven't and don't hire anyone who was involved in the "Big Dig" project. Then we might have some real problems.

It is amazing that you say that Biondi is a liar and you know all about how the arena will be finished much later than the schedule ( based upon nothing whatever in terms of any facts) and when I call you on those obvious mistatements--I am drinking the "kool aid". You know absolutely nothing about the situation and you act like you are some seer of evil. What is it about this board that turns everyone into negative critics of everyone and everything?

Maybe you need to stop reading the board on a purely emotional level.

Second, I never called Biondi a liar. I believe he has been overly optimistic in the past about the status of the arena. This is pretty clear when you consider the actual starting date of construction was years after he said it would originally happen. So forgive me if I don't take everything he says about the completion date as gospel.

Third, I never said that the arena was going to be completed much later than scheduled. In fact, I said in response to your post that I believe it will be finished on schedule. But, I guess in your mind you can't play devil's advocate on anything relating to SLU.

I was just trying to point out some of the things that are being said about SLU in circles outside of this group of Billiken fans. If you want to bury your head in the sand and act like SLU doesn't have any problems real and precieved go ahead. You can call me some seer of evil all you want. In fact I find it pretty entertaining.