> Cell phones

> Loss of private jet

> Lousy facilities

> Academic standards

> No PE or Basket weaving majors

> No TV contract

> No Football team

> Lousy conference

> NEW! ANTHONY BEANE *Have no clue as to why, unless he's out there bad mouthing UB.

> NEW! THE BOARD'S NEGATIVE ATTITUDE * See note 1.) below.

> NEW! NO WINNING TRADITION *See note 2 below

1.) I was checking out the SLU board on St.Louis Today. The anti Brad comments far outnumbered the pro Brad posts. Actually, there was only one UB defender. I'll give you two guesses who.

2.) 2007 NCAA and NIT invitees with no significant hoops tradition: Tx A&M, Tx Tech, W. Va., New Mexico State, Nevada, VCU, Geo Mason, Winthrop (was an all girls school until 1979), Vanderbilt, Clemson, Tennessee, Washington State, Pitt(up until the new arena and Howland arrived about 5 years ago), Southern Cal, GW. Just to name a few.

Significant is obviously a pretty broad word in your list of schools without "significant tradition"

I doubt though tradition really comes into play much unless we are recruiting against UNC, Duke, KS, etc ... unless it is a local guy or a kid with a tie to SLU ... recruiting those kids is pretty silly.

Official Billikens.com sponsor of H Waldman

Official Sponser of the Stemmler and Ahearn could and would have helped club.

These aren't my excuses....they all have been cited by the UB backers...I was going to add your comment about the loss of Peterson being the fault of TL, KL, and DP, but that would be over the top. I know my whining and negativity is getting old, Brich, but, alas, so am I.

Congrats Rich. My wife and I just had our first in December. I am 6'4 and my wife is 6'0 and right now my son's height and weight are off the charts so we might have a power forward on our hands. Then again he could grow-up and play the cello in the philharmonic and that would be fine by me.

Outstanding!

DO NOT DO WHAT I DID IN THE DELIVERY ROOM!

My wife's OB wasn't available. The jackass on call was a bit too cavalier for my lovely wife and I. He cracked wise one time too often and I (accidentally I assure you) lowered the rhetorical boom on him. He rather ungently shoved his hand into a spot deserving rather more respect and said "hey, I'll do one last check for rings, coins, lost equipment and whatnot."

I, holding my new born son and not thinking of the consequences said, "Hey this kid's only got one ear!"

A doctor, and like four nurses turned around ashen faced and panicky looking. The doc was a putz but I felt for him at that moment........

The funny thing was, my wife got the joke.......

I'm 6'4" and my wife is 5'2" although the rest of her family is pretty tall. My current son is a forward on his Y-league team. Hopefully Mitchell will be won the tall side of things too. Although as you say I'd "settle" for him being the next great American novelist......