OT: National Championship

I was really evaluating Noah, he shoots poorly from the outside, poor foul shooter, tall but not big, and gets most of his advantages by pushing off.....he runs well and has good hands. I am not sure I would use a First round pick on him.

Horford and Brewer though are deserving. Green and Humphries are height challenged.

Horford, Brewer, Noah, all 1st round. The other 3 probably wont get drafted, maybe Green in the 2nd round. Richard definitely wont get drafted. I'll go 3 for sure and maybe a 4th since this is a weak pg draft and somebody might take a chance on Green.

As I watched the games over the past few weeks, I thought that Richard was a prototype big tough power forward who has always seemed to find a place in the NBA over the years. The issue now is that the NBA seems to be changing quickly into a league of big extremely strong quick athletes and shooters. Horford is a perfect example of the new NBA big man. Noah had great energy and hustle, when he is not tired from all of his emotional buildup, but he is very limited offensively and he is thin and not strong or tough. His shot rotation is horrible so he cannot shoot from more than 3 feet. He will be drafted in the first round but I do not think he will be anything but a bit player.

On the other hand, with Shaq getting older, in the next few years I think Oden will become the face of the modern big man in the NBA. He has the frame to put on another 30 pounds and he is an incredible athlete with quickness and nice touch around the basket. His rebounding and outlet passes are already excellent and he will get better. He will become a superstar.

>...Oden or Durant?

And the answer is the same now as it was before. In the NBA, Oden. In the past several decades the only teams to win NBA titles without a good big man were Jordan's teams, and the Pistons. If it were a college player of the year contest, Durant...Oden shouldn't have even benn first team.

Noah sucks. I was fuming at the TV as the spotlight was on him with his 8 points (6 free throws) 3 boards and 4 fouls. Give me a f'ing break.

O

V

E

R

R

A

T

E

D

In "Dat League" Ben Wallace will grab him by his horrendous hair and throw him 3 rows deep. Either that or he'll give him that knuckleball shot from 18 feet all day and laugh all the way to the bank. Noah is NOT GOOD. But he sure gets the MySpace types pumped up w/ those ridiculous chest thumps after every layup.

Good point. But who is the better player at the NBA level? a "good" center can be found IMO. Durant seems somewhat like KG to me, a little shorter, but with a little more versatility.

I take Durant and find a "good" center. Look at the 4 most likely teams to win the NBA title: Phoenix, Dallas, Detroit, and Cleveland. Where's the "great" center? A. Stoudemire is not a traditional center. Dampier/Diop is so-so. The big Z can have a good game or 2. And the combo of Webber/Rasheed/McDyess is "good". Point being is that i think Durant will have a bigger impace and the role players can fit around him accordingly.

All I can say is his mother must have gone to one too many Drano® Punch Parties during her nine months, because for Miss Sweden to shart out a little river animal like Noah, she would have had to have rolled the genetic dice against some real tall odds...

http://images.sportsline.com/u/photos/bask.../img9323432.jpg

Looks like a stunt double from "Thriller"...

i disagree on noah. i think he will be very effective in the nba. think of anderson varejao. or think of brian grant in the past. or even boris diaw. all long athletic players that thrive more on energy and athleticism. i see noah fitting that same profile.

He is close to Varejao at best. Brian Grant had a body that Noah will never get and i think the diaw comparison is just off (diaw has a very nice complete game).

Varejao isn't now and wasn't a 1st round pick in my book and Noah shouldn't be either.

>Good point. But who is the better player at the NBA level?

>a "good" center can be found IMO. Durant seems somewhat

>like KG to me, a little shorter, but with a little more

>versatility.

>

>I take Durant and find a "good" center. Look at the 4 most

>likely teams to win the NBA title: Phoenix, Dallas,

>Detroit, and Cleveland. Where's the "great" center? A.

>Stoudemire is not a traditional center. Dampier/Diop is

>so-so. The big Z can have a good game or 2. And the combo

>of Webber/Rasheed/McDyess is "good". Point being is that i

>think Durant will have a bigger impace and the role players

>can fit around him accordingly.

And how many titles has KG won?

How many titles did Wade and Bryant win without Shaq? I'd say approx 50 times in 60 years of NBA titles, they were won by teams with high profile centers or big. ...and I didn't count any borderline "good" centers or big forwards.

They are both great players, but I'll take Oden in the NBA every time and give him a few years to develop.

You think your list is the 4 most likely to win? Well, a couple of things...Cleveland? No chance. You also left off San Antonio and Miami who have just as good of a chance as anyone.

Oden is much more difficult to find. If you can get that once every so many years you take it.

I tend to agree with Roy on this. Noah will be an pretty effective NBA player. He will never be a superstar, but he will be for from a bust. Noah is not the kind of guy you have to worry about dogging it once he gets the big money. You will get his best every night out. He will go in the top six and he deserves it in my opinion.

I took the top 4 teams. I would say those teams are most likely to crown a champ. Some type of bet...you get San Antonio and Miami and i get the other 4? Even with SA and Miami included, we only have one great center (Timmy), a really good center (Shaq + Zo) and the rest are ho hum.

"And how many titles has KG won?"

ok, i'll give you KG or Olowokandi, which one do you want? That type of rifle shot proof can be used in a number of ways.

I'm not talking about the last 60 years, i'm thinking of the next 10-20. 40 years ago, the game wasn't the same and of course Wilt, Russell, KAJ and to a lesser extent, Walton dominated. I think the center position is becoming less relevant.

"Oden is much more difficult to find. If you can get that once every so many years you take it."

Um..Hibbard looked just fine to me.

A few weeks ago I thought that the answer was Durant. Now, after last night, watching Oden battle four different guys and show his entire game, including great defensive presence, I lean to Oden. I think he will be the new gold standard for a big man in the NBA because he is so skilled on the offensive end yet he is a great shot blocker and he is only 18 so he will get much bigger and better over the next 4 years. He would make a bad team an immediate playoff team-look at Boston or Memphis. If you add him to the mix those teams immediately get much better. In Memphis, that would put an outstanding 7 footer at power forward and makes the lineup much more competitive. In Boston, they have some very nice young perimiter players but they get killed inside. You add Oden and things get much better. If, a higher level, better team should get Oden, that team would within a couple of years jump to the top 5 teams in the NBA. He made a believer out of me last night.

On the other hand, if you want to just put butts in the seats then Durant may be your man. He is a player that people would buy tickets to watch, regardless of whether the team is playoff bound or not. When he is on, I think he is the most exciting all around player to come out of college in many years. His incredible leaping ability with his size and great outside shooting touch may never have been equaled in a college freshman. He is a unique talent with incredible marketing attraction. My only concern if I was a GM would be that he is very thin and the NBA is brutal on thin players.

>I took the top 4 teams. I would say those teams are most

>likely to crown a champ. Some type of bet...you get San

>Antonio and Miami and i get the other 4? Even with SA and

>Miami included, we only have one great center (Timmy), a

>really good center (Shaq + Zo) and the rest are ho hum.

>

>"And how many titles has KG won?"

>

>ok, i'll give you KG or Olowokandi, which one do you want?

>That type of rifle shot proof can be used in a number of

>ways.

>

>I'm not talking about the last 60 years, i'm thinking of the

>next 10-20. 40 years ago, the game wasn't the same and of

>course Wilt, Russell, KAJ and to a lesser extent, Walton

>dominated. I think the center position is becoming less

>relevant.

>

>"Oden is much more difficult to find. If you can get that

>once every so many years you take it."

>

>Um..Hibbard looked just fine to me.

I shouldn't say that Cleveland has no chance...anyone who makes the playoffs technically has a chance. Who cares what the seeds and finishes are? Is 6 of the past 7 years recent enough for you?...Shaq, Duncan, Robinson.

Hibbert is a great example of why people need patience with big men. He is light years better than 2 years ago and even last year.

I'd rather have a back to the basket star player in the NBA to start my team and build around that player than another way.

Durant is a great player and will do well in the NBA. As I said in my previous post, there isn't one exclusive way to win or do things. But if you look at what has been most successful...even very recently ....I'll take the dominant post player and work around that player.

what noah brings is the ability to run the floor and play hard defense. he rebounds ok for his medium build, which could be built up.

he isnt rodman, but think of the way rodman ran the floor, defended any position, rebounded amongst the giants.

noah could easily fit that bill. the question is will he fulfill it.

i think nba guys like long lean athletic guys like this that can run. not necessarily basketball players that shoot the three and can go to the basket with lebron or jordan like grace. those are few and far between. but that role model that has almost an ever changing persona or at least the ability to change, is an intrigue that i bet someone takes a flyer on before the end of round one.

will he succeed, i think he will be a journeyman 6th or 7th man type his entire career.

durrant is bob mcadoo. oden is chamberlain like.

i like durrant, but i am with courtside, oden is likely a once in a lifetime guy.