Peterson holding out for Iowa

quest, this string is about peterson who announced he is waiting to see if the new coach yet to be determined wants him because he wants to go to iowa.

and you write "kids want to play for a coach, not a program or school"

seems like this kid wants to play for a school. not a coach.

thanks for calling me an idiot though. i thought that was what we were not supposed to be doing anymore on this board?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Brad's recruiting problems are very well documented on here, and I agree with a lot of them. He isn't the best recruiter out there. But I think this Peterson kid REALLY wants to go to a BCS school.

First of all, he left the state just so he could go to a high profile HIGH SCHOOL team. He then commited to Princeton, which consistently hit number 1 on those school rankings. He then reopens his recruiting, seemingly to find a bigger fish. He says all along he wants to go to Iowa...and even cancels his trip to X. He said (before Alford left) that he would commit early this week. Alfor leaves, and he STILL wants to go to Iowa. I'm not gonna rag Brad for that. If the kid ends up at Princeton or some other non-BCS school, then I think that lies on Brad's shoulders. Otherwise, I think we should lay off.

Has me wondering if this kid might have a lot more book smarts than common sense. Ivy school for free or Iowa, SLU, XU, and LaSalle for free. Seems like a no brainer to me. It is not like this kid is going to college to prep his game for the NBA.