This board

Steve has done a lot of work to clean up the board over the past couple of years...cutting the offseason board and eliminating some trolls and trouble makers (although it looks like a couple have been allowed back on here). Even with all of this effort from Steve we have a new problem. There are a handful of SLU Stinks/Brad Stinks people on here who do nothing but press for Brad to get canned and give us lists of "wonderful" candidates who SLU could get to coach. They conveniently forget that the last time SLU had an opening the best candidate was Brad. What has changed since then that makes people think Tubby Smith will come to SLU (yes, his name was mentioned last week)? SLU has a new arena in the works, but is in a worse conference and has a worse TV deal.

I've never been a Brad fan, but I don't see why people are more eager to fire Brad after a 20-win season than they were after a 9-win season 2 years ago. In fact, I was just about the only one at that time who thought Brad should have to win a lot more games the next season to keep his job.

I have to admit, at this point I'd rather have the trolls and the offseason board than keep reading posts from delusional fans who think that SLU will attract top-level coaching candidates and should have the same level of expectations as the perennial powerhouses. As we've seen in the past at SLU, saying you want to be in the top 50 doesn't get you there. Like I said, I'm not a big Brad fan but I don't see how starting over helps the program...not to mention the fact that there's no way Biondi pays out 2 years of Brad's contract.

"There are a handful of SLU Stinks/Brad Stinks people on here

who do nothing but press for Brad to get canned and give us

lists of "wonderful" candidates who SLU could get to coach."

well tough... just because you do not want to hear it, doesnt mean it wont be there. i hope soderberg gets canned tomorrow morning, but as long as i say so respectfully with out cursing or insulting someone, I have the right to say it. what is your problem with fans who are not happy with 5 years of mediocrity? you think you can censor what is said on this forum? geez... what are you, hitler or something?

Agreed, he's here for at least another year, Footes. Doesn't mean you have to like it and just clam up. It's frustrating to see other programs, with less resources than this guy has at his disposal, to move forward while we stay stuck in neutral. But being anti Brad is not being anti SLU. In fact, it's the other way around, or at the least shows there's a lot of fan's who could give a whoop about SLU hoops.

"Agreed, he's here for at least another year, Footes. Doesn't

mean you have to like it and just clam up. It's frustrating

to see other programs, with less resources than this guy has

at his disposal, to move forward while we stay stuck in

neutral. But being anti Brad is not being anti SLU. In fact,

it's the other way around, or at the least shows there's a

lot of fan's who could give a whoop about SLU hoops."

Well said, that is exactly how I feel.

If so, please show me where I'm calling for censorship? In fact, I'm saying that the people who were kicked out are better than you and should be allowed to return.

You can tell when someone on a message board has no real argument. They're the ones who start calling everybody nazis.

this was a really tough season for a "20" game win season-disappointing P-R for the team and coach-poor media both radio and TV coverage were almost crystal set technology. Recruits-not many and as many left as gained. How does Brad keep staff and team spirits high under these circumstances? The future?-Is Kramer the point guard of the future and will he be shorter and slower than Grawer's son. A lot of us were there when Grawer let Clagget sit the bench freshman year so his son and Winfield's could try to learn point. So if we have these questions how does a recruit for point guard with more than Juco

years choose SLU when he could be coming off the bench when the coach's son runs the point for 4 years whether he is that good or not.

Somebody who has seen kramer play please write in and say he is that good and will give his body up for the team. The little I saw of him a year ago at Bauman-Eberhard scrimmage was that he thrived on being bounced around by the bigger guys, can he shoot from deep like the Porter kid 5 foot 6" or so from Oregon?

footes said,

"In fact, I'm saying that the people who were kicked out are better than you and should be allowed to return."

i would guess that mkia is one of the people kicked out and now is back with a new moniker and e-mail address.

Both Grawer and Winfield were better players at the time. Glagget was a very raw player when he first came in. Winfield was a very good all-around player and starter at MU. Grawer became the sixth man on a sweet sixteen team. Clagget ended up becoming the better player but he wasn't then. Rich Grawer was trying to save his job and had to play the players that gave him the best chance to win. It is not like Julian and Kevin were stiffs starting ahead of him.

""In fact, I'm saying that the people who were kicked out are better than you and should be allowed to return."

i would guess that mkia is one of the people kicked out and now is back with a new moniker and e-mail address."

nope, you couldnt be more wrong... just because i disagree with you on certain things doesnt mean you should constantly take cheap shots at me.

the whole Winfield thing was a problem that really caused Rich serious repercussions. He told Lee that if Julian came to SLU that he would play him at point guard so he could go to the NBA at that position. Unfortunately, Julian was really a 3 man and was in no way a point guard. But Rich had made a promise so he continued to play him at the point while we all watched the team go down the drain. Julian transferred and never played the point again and never got to the NBA.

Kevin did not play that much until later in the season when we needed someone to handle the job. Claggett was not a point guard and he came in as a raw scorer who needed to improve his overall game. He played more as the season progressed and by the end of the year it was obvious he was going to be a good player. The problems with that team had nothing to do with the fact that Kevin was Rich's son.

other than the coaches having character issues-I always thought the team did not quite have the talent to play the positions available to them. Clagget came out on top because the entire fan base and team that remained were convinced of his talent.

A kid that shot the three that well- maybe not a point guard in fact he hardly ever finished a drive for a layup prefering not to get

hammered-but his passes turned into assists. Kevin Grawer could get

minutes for SLU Or Mizzou-too bad KG couldn't have finished at SLU but

his dad self destructed for whatever reasons-RG was good for the program for a while but he sure benched talent year after year in favor of true grit

D1 hoops - the greatest show on earth.

That's exactly as I remember it. Signing Julian did more harm to the program than anything else and led to Grawer's demise. We couldn't get the ball up the court with Julian under any pressure. Give his minutes to Kevin and Erwin, and that season might have worked out quite well. Of course...maybe no Spoon years...

I'd be curious how much time Brad has spent going to Kramer's games when he could have been out watching other players the last couple of years. I heard an interview a couple of weeks ago where a guy said there's a Division I coach at all of Kramer's games meaning Brad was at every one.

I have an extremely demanding job that requires long hours but I almost never missed one of my son's high school basketball games. Just because he is a college coach does not mean he has to forfeit being a dad! Also, there are specific limitations on how much time the coach can watch players or games.

https://goomer.ncaa.org/wdbctx/lsdbi/LSDBi....1&p_CallCount=1

130 viewings per year.

i.e. if soderberg goes to a game and sees a recruit, that is one of slu's 130 viewings. if grunk and angres go together to see a recruit, that is two viewings. that is the way i understand it.

also, if brad sits in the stands to watch his son and doesnt approach any players before or after the game, i think that doesnt count as a viewing.