observations from a current slu student

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i never said that. i accounted for all the seasons in cusa for both coaches.

romar had one season that was better than anything soderberg had.

however soderberg had two cusa seasons better than romar's next two seasons.

the knowitall guy seemed to think that soderberg never had a better cusa season than romar. i was pointing out that actually he had two better than all but one of romar's seasons and one worst than all of romar's seasons.

Romar was a PR machine. Brad is not - sorry but leopards do not change their spots. This cell phone thing has got to stop - NO MEN'S BB COACH PAYS FOR THEIR OWN CELL PHONES - BRAD PAYS FOR IT OUT OF HIS CAMP MONEY. Write down for those of you who can not remember it and put in your wallet - maybe that will help you remember.

Why should it becoming out of any of the money the coach earns. It doesn't matter if it is SLU or any other school in the country, this expense should not be coming out of the coach's pocket.

Brad does pay for his and his staff members cell phones. Basketbeall camp money is money that is part of a coaches compensation. So write it down and put it in your wallet: BRAD PAYS THE STAFF CELL PHONE BILL AND IT IS BUSH LEAGUE.

">Why should it becoming out of any of the money the coach

>earns. It doesn't matter if it is SLU or any other school

>in the country, this expense should not be coming out of the

>coach's pocket.

>

>Brad does pay for his and his staff members cell phones.

>Basketbeall camp money is money that is part of a coaches

>compensation. So write it down and put it in your wallet:

>BRAD PAYS THE STAFF CELL PHONE BILL AND IT IS BUSH LEAGUE."

I feel for Soderberg that he has to pay for his and his staff's cell phone bills. BUT, should that keep him from using them?? He makes 400K per season, i think he has the spare change to pick up an expensive cell phone tab. Im sorry, but if this cell phone conspiracy is really keeping soderberg from seriously recruiting, he must go. I mean, come on.. the cell phone excuse is getting old, and ive only known about it for a day.

OK--jerk--you lie and say you come on here not to "bash" anyone and then you proceed to bash Brad every way you can. You have nothing new to offer and you are probably just someone who just posted before by a different name.

To all of that I say "so what"--but you also claim that you were somehow slighted by Brad because he was not nice to you. Then, a young man comes on and says he had a completely different experience and that Brad was genuinely friendly to him and your response is an insult. Go away!

I have given a lot more to this forum than you ever will, i simply said a fact that goes against your original statement, you have what 20 posts who are you to judge how much i contrbute to the board

they are both very accessable under the right circumstances; the school did more to introduce Romar but Brad was already here because it was quite obvious he or someone like him had to be brought in to recruit the midwest and as far Romar's coaching style-he let them play and sat on the sidelines; Brad has to restrain himself he wants to win

so much and Romar's program had all kinds of recruiting violations as soon as he went to Washington and Cameron Dollar took the heat for it.

Brad has the credentials many here have espoused yet they don't necessarily support him. He was a Big Ten Assistant for Wisconsin who continues to have a top program; he was acting coach of a Big Ten school; He has had few lucky wins and had some hurt players and his own assistants seem a little weak; but with jamal walker that seems headed in the right direction; jeff harris begged for a spot but with no coaching experience they did not take him on; Sloan could have been a good recruiter if you were looking for Sloan type guys; we are not

necessarily looking in that direction. If he makes $4oo,ooo and his kid can come on with an employee scholarship deal; he should use some of his money for whatever extra it costs to have his kid stay in the dorms and use the extra scholarship for an athlete who needs a full ride and will play like he needs. Many of us who went to SLU had parents pay tuition and we worked summers and during school to get through. It seems Soderberg has lived in the county so his kids could get free public school educations-not exactly a backer of private schools, in his private life.