What could have been.

VTIME

Tajuan Porter: http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/player/profile?playerId=31779

This is the player Dwayne Polk could've been if we pushed the tempo, but our offense is just too slow and the kid was never allowed to play his game. Oh yeah, Porter's team plays 4 guards most of the time too, and they do it in the Pac-10 while we consistently contend that this team is too small because it lacks a real power forward.

vtime, you need to listen to the billiken coaches at a practice or during the game, for the last two seasons, all they preach is getting out.

mr polk's woes are all his own. he has all the opportunity he wants to hit 3's and run the floor.

don't even try to put dwayne in the same class with that kid from oregon. that's a huge insult to that kid. dwayne is who he is. a decent role player at the division I level. the porter kid was a superstar in detroit for the past three years. I've seen him in person since I have family in that area that loves high school ball. let's put that one to bed right away. lavender of xavier is another might mite who is tremendous. no slight against dwayne, but he is just not in that class. never was and never will. regardless of the tempo, if you can't shoot, you can't shoot. I've watched dwayne miss eight or nine in a row while in high school. he was streaky at best.

bad boyz for life

It's not just his shot, how many times has he been in the open court wih one man to beat and he pulls up ... and that is not the coach.

Official Billikens.com sponsor of H Waldman

Official Sponser of the Stemmler and Ahearn could and would have helped club.

Skip could've been Larry Bird based on this logic. Roy could've been Steve Nash. I could've been Kareem but I would have changed my name to Carom Abble-Jabble just to differentiate. Talent has nothing to do with success, its all in the style of play. You be scorin', Vee, you be scorin'.

Polk shot lights out in high school. He was a shooter in high school. The 3pt line is the same distance in college. Players arent the same when they arent allowed to play their game. You see it all the time when kids transfer in high school and college or when guys change teams in the NBA.