St. Louis area guards are as good as anybody's

Check it out: Polk, Lisch, Liddell, Meyer, Arthur Sargent and Matt Lawrence in the junior class, Jarrod Leonard and Dustin Maguire in the sophomore class, Rob Rudy and Devon Dace in the freshman class. We could literally get all of our perimeter players within 30 miles of campus. It's finding quality post players over 6'7 that's really difficult. We will probably always have to go outside the region to find frontcourt help.

3 star, if you get a chance to see nashville illinois high school team, they have a very nice freshman post player, last name o'rear. he is only 6'5" now, but maybe he will grow more as he is only a freshman now. he is impressive for his age.

he plays in the summer with rob rudy.

Well there is Tyler Hansborough in Poplar Bluff (a national level front court player not too far from STL) but our program does not quite yet have the juice to land a player like Hansborough. But given how far Brad has raised the level of recruits in a few short recruiting classes, I think we will be in the hunt for the Tyler Hansboroughs of the future. It hurts that we lost out on Matt Shaw, as you guys have pointed out, the STL market is thin on quality big men. I am amazed though that Brad has been able to land two European players a year apart who currently are contributing up front. Now if our next European big is in the mold of Linas Klieza ... .

st. dominic has a freshman kid name adam kiel who is about 6-6 and 240 pounds. he is already a load. hopefully, he can get a few more inches of height.

vashon has a good 6-5 freshman named leon powell. i kind of like the 6-7 kid from jefferson city helias named knollmeyer. a little soft, but quite skilled and still growing.

billiken roy, do you know about the 6-6 freshman at althoff who is not playing this year. i heard he is supposed to be really good and very athletic. i think he played on the same aau team in illinois with the rudy kid from mascoutah and the madkins kid from cairo (another good 6-6 freshman).

we may not be in the running for tyler hansbrough, but i his brother ben should not be out of the question. he's pretty good.

bad boyz for life

he actually dressed this past week for the belleville east tourney. he did not play, but i watched him in warmups and he appears to be very athletic. i think he wasnt dressing until althoff was sure the ihsa was ok with his transfer from lovejoy. supposedly he was on the high school team last year as an 8th grader and that caused the althoff coaches to wonder if he would have transfer problems according to the ihsa. he played in a couple of freshmen games and did very well apparently. he is not an inside player. he will be a wing.

tyler hansborough (popular bluff) is a top 5 in the nation player that has made his list known for some time. he will end up at probably duke, north carolina or florida. no sense in wasting time there.

as to muse, not much is known about his basketball future. it is assumed that he has academic concerns and will be headed juco.

I have seen Adam Kiel play several times...He is a nice freshman at 6'6"...I heard he plays a lot of summer ball and this experience lets play like an upperclassman...He is very strong and I saw him make 7 free throws in a row at the Borgia Tournament.

If Muse was going to be acedemically eligible there would be teams after him. He is big and skilled with a nice body. Hopefully he turns around his acedemics at prep school or JUCO and comes back to St. Louis to play.